Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Marsy
New Contributor

Does anyone know a good support group

Hi There

Does anyone know of a good support group for Mental Health? Preferably LGBTQI, but not essential. I’m a 53 year old male and it’s so hard to find a group for my age group.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Does anyone know a good support group

Have you tried 'GROW' in your area? https://www.grow.org.au/
Common interest groups are an excellent way to be part of a group. Must be hard though with stigma magnets 😞 you poor man. Keep trying. ❤

Re: Does anyone know a good support group

Hi @Marsy Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear about your struggle to find support groups catered to your age. It is wonderful that despite such struggles, you are still reaching out to find the support you need! As at @Former-Member said, GROW may be a good place to reach out to, given they are a national organisation that runs support groups for people with mental illness all around Australia. Perhaps, you could give them a call and enquire about the dynamics of their groups in your local area? I have listed their contact details, directly below.

GROW:

1800 558 268 (national)
9-4 Mon-Fri
national@grow.org.au 

You may also be interested in calling Q Life (I'm not sure if you have reached out to them before?). I know that finding a LGBTQI group is not essential, but perhaps they may be able to refer you to a support group that better suits a variety of your demographics? I have provided a bit of information about what they do, and how to contact them, below.

Q Life

QLife is a national counselling and referral service for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) people.

Tel: 1800 184 527

I hope this information in helpful to you, @Marsy! Please reach out if you need any further support or information.

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.