Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Join the Community Guide team - applications are now open for January 2022 🎉

Sending my sincere apologies, my previous tag didn't capture all of our Senior Contributors, Community Guides and Community Elders who have been online and offering amazing peer support and building our community over the last 3 months (I will need to make this post in two parts to make sure you are all tagged 🙂

@1stepup61  @2qwerty  @Adge  @AEB  @AlwaysHappy  @Anastasia  @Angels333  @Anon4  @Ant7  @Arizona  @ArtistZ  @AussieRecharger  @Former-Member  @Bellarose75  @Bezak482  @Bill16  @BlueBay  @BlueBells  @Boo13  @Bow  @BPDSurvivor  @BraveOne  @ButterflyWings  @Former-Member  @Carlachris  @Former-Member  @chibam  @Cin  @Clawde  @Coffeelover  @Corny  @Crazy_Bug_Lady  @CrazyChick  @Dark_Olena  @davidharper_bal  @Owlunar  @destructive  @Determined  @Dimity  @Eden1919  @Elac  @Emelia8  @Engineer  @eth  @Eve7  @Everan  @Exoplanet  @Former-Member  @Fee1  @FindingStrength  @Flax  @Fluttershy1  @Fredd50  @frog  @Grasshopper3  @greenpea  @greenspace  @Gwynn  @HenryX  @Historylover  @HoneyOne  

Re: Join the Community Guide team - applications are now open for January 2022 🎉

I totally understand my friend @Dimity ❤

I remember when I was asked to be a community guide,  who me !!! But then we are not alone , we have support along the way too xoxo

@Emelia8 , @Scoo , @StuF , @SJT63 are you interested  😀

I am happy to continue

:ok_hand:👍😀❤🥰 @MDT 

Thanks @Shaz51 and @Daisydreamer 

I will choose to not apply at this time. Maybe further down the track.

That is totally ok my @StuF ❤❤👍

@Emelia8 - I already think of you as a community guide, and I also think it would give you an amazing morale boost if you applied and were accepted. You're so generous in spirit, compassion and kindness.

I hope perhaps you might consider it, but it has to in your own time of course. 💕💕

I think for now I have too much going on so I won't apply 

but thanks for the offer @Daisydreamer 

@Daisydreamer wrote:

Hi @Emelia8 I am so sorry, that was completely a mistake on my part, I searched the list of senior contributors but it didn't seem to include those who had been online the 24 hours before- I need to check to make sure I haven't missed any other members as well. 

You are absolutely one of our amazing senior contributors, and I am very sorry for this mistake! I hope you know you are valued, and that this was an oversight Heart 

I do appreciate you letting me know, as there might be other members missing from this tag list as well. I will rectify this now

Thank you @Daisydreamer 🙏  I apologise for my post yesterday.  I havent been on line as much of late, and didnt see this thread until yesterday.  I read where you had tagged everyone, and wondered why I hadnt got the notification.  Then I saw I wasnt even tagged.  My mind went into overdrive and I felt excluded and unwanted.  My health has been bad lately and I am in a lot of physical pain, have been since May.  This coming on top of my husbands sudden death in April.  Subsequently I am in a high range of depression, with thoughts of suicide. I guess we tend to think the worst under those circumstances, and I read more into my omission from your post than was warranted.  Nonetheless I should not have reacted.  Thanks for your response and your kind words.

@Shaz51  "@Emelia8 you will be amazing community guide and there is lots of members who would agree xoxo  Come and join me"

Thank you @Shaz51 , as always you are very kind and sweet.  I appreciate your reassuring words.

@Sans911   "@Emelia8 - I already think of you as a community guide, and I also think it would give you an amazing morale boost if you applied and were accepted. You're so generous in spirit, compassion and kindness. I hope perhaps you might consider it, but it has to in your own time of course. 💕💕"

Thank you for your vote of confidence @Sans911  and the lovely words of support that you place on me.  I dont believe they are warranted, but hey ... I'll take them anyway.  😊   I had thought earlier this year after the passing of my husband that I would consider applying for CG at the next round.  No longer in my caring role, I had the time and I had the sudden freedom.  But sadly my own health has taken a turn for the worse and I am just not feeling up to anything right now.  Just getting through each day is an enormous effort. And I have major back surgery pending as soon as it can be arranged.  I also have further scans soon, after an abnormal ultrasound from my last breast cancer screening. I certainly do not want to take on a role of CG only to find I am unable to give my best efforts to it. Yes it is something I am interested in and I would have applied a couple of years ago, but unfortunately I was told I was ineligible.  I had been a naughty girl 😵 and had gathered too many breeches.  I suspect that may always be a problem for me, as I tend to speak my mind too freely sometimes without thought of repercussions.  I will keep the role in mind for future ... but now is not the right time for me.  I need to get myself in a better place first.

Emelia

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.