Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Online Peer Group Chat// Setting Up To Support// Thursday, 26th May 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Hi Everyone, 

The Online er Group Chat happening on Thursday, 26th May will be on the topic of 'Setting Up To Support'. 

TideisTurning_0-1652916151950.gif

For ease of reference, the times across Australia are in the graphic and listed below; 

TideisTurning_1-1652916215291.png

Western Australia: 5pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 7pm 

For those new to Online Peer Group Chats, each chat session focus on a specific topic and is guided by peer workers with lived experience of mental health issues. Counsellors are in the background to make sure chats are as safe as possible for participants. It is a space for peers to share their story and experiences, and connect with those who are going through something similar. 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join an Online Peer Group, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts.  

You can join our Online Peer Group Chats every  Thursday from 7:00-8:30pm (AEST/AEDT). 

Check out the FAQs page for more information.  

More about the Upcoming TopicCaring for someone can look different for different people. Supporting someone could be physical, practical, emotional, or a mix of these. To be able to keep providing this support, boundaries may be necessary. Let’s come together to support each other whilst supporting others. 

I'm going to tag a few members who might be interested in this topic. Feel free to spread the word, tag others and support the post for further reminders closer to! @Shaz51 @maddison @Appleblossom @EternalFlower @Snowie @outlander @greenpea @NatureLover @paigeu1 @AussieRecharger @Alicia2022 @wellwellwellnez 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Online Peer Group Chat// Setting Up To Support// Thursday, 26th May 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Hello to everyone on the forums!

This is a reminder post that this week’s Online Peer Group Chat, surrounding the topic of Setting up to Support, will be happening today at 7:00 – 8:30pm (AEST)!

Here’s a bit about the group:

Caring for someone can look different for different people. Supporting someone could be physical, practical, emotional, or a mix of these. To be able to keep providing this support, boundaries may be necessary. Let’s come together to support each other whilst supporting others. 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join an Online Peer Group, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts. Please see this FAQ if you have any questions! 

Finally, here is some information to make it easier to know when to log on, depending on where you are in Australia!

Western Australia: 5pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 7pm 

We hope to see you there! I am going to tag a few people, but feel free to tag each other!

@Shaz51 @maddison @Appleblossom @EternalFlower @Snowie @outlander @greenpea @NatureLover @paigeu1 @AussieRecharger @Alicia2022 @wellwellwellnez @chibam 

Re: Online Peer Group Chat// Setting Up To Support// Thursday, 26th May 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Hi Everyone, 

We will be starting this chat very soon in around 10-15 minutes if you would like to join us here. I'll tag those who have supported or otherwise interacted with this thread so far for a reminder and those online in case they might like to join too. 😊 

@Shaz51 @Snowie @Appleblossom @maddison @greenpea @Annie177 @BlueBay @Emelia8 @Faith-and-Hope @HenryX @Jimbo2 @Meowmy @TAB @pinklollipop15 @soppykat @tjleach65  

Hope to see you there! 😊

Hi @TideisTurning 

Every time I tried to put in the passcode it dropped back out to the intro page and I had to start the whole application process again.  I tried three times then gave up ….. too tired tonight to push past the obstacle.

Hi @Faith-and-Hope 

Other members and I have had similar problems, so you are definitely not alone there. It is time that I should be in bed also, so we will cross hurdles tomorrow or another time.

Cheers, @HenryX 

Hi Everyone, 

Just wanted to let you all know the transcript from this Chat is now available here@Faith-and-Hope @HenryX - I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you've both experienced. If you haven't done so already, I'd like to invite you both to leave some feedback on our survey to help us improve future chats 😊

Thanks @TideisTurning 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.