Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Vanessa5
Senior Contributor

Art as a form of Therapy

Hello @Darcy@outlander@Determined@Grasshopper3@Teej@Appleblossom@Faith-and-Hope@Flower1@lisajane@Mazarita@Sherry@BlueBay@Bimby2@Lunar@Pebbles@NikNik@JoJo99@CheerBear@Zoe7@mohill@Dec@lapses@oceangirl@Kurra@Anony18@Pepsimax@Queenie@Coffeelover@Sans911@MoonGal@aButterfly@Jacques@WombatBoots@Rockpool@Nooks@eth, , @Phoenix_Rising

Anyone here draw, paint or sculptor etc. Maybe you'd just like to share some cool art you saw on a city wall somewhere. Art is great form of therapy.

Here is my latest creation with oil and water colours. Its no picasso, but i enjoy being creative.

It takes my mind of "it" for the time i can concentrate for anyway:

IMG_0271[1].jpg

@Vanessa5

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Art as a form of Therapy

reg-mombassa-art-4-data.jpg

@Vanessa5. Wow. Love your art work. I'm just going to tag a couple of people who are very into art & hopefully they will tag others.
@Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @Queenie

Love your work too @Vanessa5 .... it's so vibrant and colourful ..... 🤗💕

Also check out Through One's Eyes thread, and Art Class on Carers forum .....

Yo me 'arties ..... ❣️

@Faith-and-Hope

Hi and thank you. The first one is mine. The other one is by Reg Mombassa an artist I'm inspired by although I'm sure I'll never be as skilled as. He has such an imagination and skilled at expressing that in vivid colour and with humour. Some of his pieces are dark also. I guess it depends on how he is feeling.

Yes @Vanessa5 .... art can have its dark side. My personal value is for my art to be uplifting. The bright colours of yours are certainly that .... 😊

Colour resonates with me, and I am sure that must be a fairly common thing.

wow love your work..... art is self expression and so therapeutic..... love.it

Hi @Sammy16 and welcome to the forums .... 😊🎨

Hi, I’m new here. I’m an artist and also an art therapist. I’m a big fan of art making as healing - whether specifically as therapy or just as self care.
I don’t know how to post pics on my phone but I’ll share some art when I’m on my computer 🙂

Here’s another art thread on Lived Experince forum @Olives_Oyl .....

Through One’s Eyes

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.