Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

KU777
Senior Contributor

Short courses/Hobby

I’m looking for something to do (besides volunteer work) with my life. Can anyone recommend any short courses or a fun hobby! Thankyou
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Short courses/Hobby

Hi @KU777,

Nice to "meet" you. Oh there are SO MANY fun things to do. Is there anything in particular that you are interested in? My hobby is learning to play the violin...my neighbours probably wish I had chosen a quieter hobby! Smiley Happy

I don’t know what I like to do! I’m volunteering 3 days a week in different roles and visiting a family member another day. Maybe that is enough!

@KU777 That sounds like a pretty busy week? What do you do in your volunteering roles (if you want to share)? I have a volunteer gig during school terms that involves animals and kids. It is super fun. I'm heading off for the night now, but I will check back tomorrow. 

I wonder what sorts of hobbies other Forumites have? I know @CheerBear is into crocheting, @outlander is into drawing, and @Faith-and-Hope is into painting. 

Good night @KU777Smiley Happy

@KU777
I guess it depends where your interests may lie.
Photography
Art
Craft
Umpire training - for soccer football netball cricket clubs etc
Gym
Walking dogs
Helping mow neighbours yards
Learn an instrument
Singing
Church choir
Join a band
Games and puzzle groups
The list is endless
Archery
Book Club
Why not look under sports or clubs in the yellow pages and see what other options may be available.
Former-Member
Not applicable

DINOSAURS!!!!!

No, wait you were after suggestions.
I presume you don't have too much money (like most of us).
First and foremost what are you interested in? I'd recommend stuff on dinosaurs and archaeology, but that's just me.
What kind of volunteering do you do?
What do you do in your spare time?
Have you thought about taking up a craft - knitting or crocheting, sewing or learning a language or perhaps taking up a sport (again I'm just listing things I like doing).
But there is lots and lots of fun stuff out there.
Throw a couple of ideas out there of what you are into and I'm sure we can find you something new and interesting to do.....

So funny

I volunteer at a school in various roles. I wouldn’t mind learning to sew!

Anything arty
Cooking
Musical instrument

@KU777 ...... hi 👋

Thankyou for your list!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.