Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Wow good job sis. That looks so yum! @Sans911

Like you say @Teej

You are not your labels. You are Teej-loveable, kind, caring, compassionate and resilient.

I feel like I have failed much of my life. But then again, I had no preparation for life, only for survival and defense, which sounds similar to what happened to you 7 years ago. So is it any wonder that we fail? And what is failure anyway but practice of making things better or different? It's just that we are so judged by society and then ourselves for lack of perfection we never feel we are enough or worthwhile.

So perhaps this time of reflection and contemplating is a period of change and eventual acceptance that the past is done and can't be erased or done over, the future is yet to be written but we have some influence over it, and all we have is here and now. All we can do is the best we can with what we know. And if there are factors missing we aren't at fault for that.

That's my take on it all anyway. And I'm glad you're holding your own.

It was Sis. Very yum. I had half a cake as I made it with some one else, but actually I did much of the work. I have 2 slices left. @outlander

I made choc chip muffins yesterday. They were a big hit too @Sans911
Did your mum enjoy it too? I want to do the kid thing and take the raspberries and cream off and just have those lol.

Hi @Teej @Zoe7 👋

@outlander

Yummo for choc chip muffins.

There was raspberries and cream in the middle too. If you want to pick it out, I don't mind. I love cream, especially a little in coffee.The cream we used had a little vanilla essence and icing sugar as well. So you must like licking the bowl then 😁

Lol no thats sisters job @Sans911 i have a really bad sweet tooth though! I wouldn't be picking out the centre!
When i make my whipped cream i just put some sugar in it i hadnt thought of vanilla essence.

That’s pretty cool @outlander😎 

How are you going? @Sans911 youve been pretty quiet today
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.