Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

Yeah abit @Former-Member  had a really long day and in quite abit of pain tonight. Time seems to go so slow now that daylight savings has ended

Former-Member
Not applicable

Evenings do seem to go slower when it gets dark.earlier @outlander hope that your pain eases a little

Im pretty sure i pulled  a hip flexor @Former-Member  its abit worse for wear today but hopefully it settles down  in a few days with abit of rest. 

Did you  get up to much today?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ouch @outlander  sounds painful. What happened?

Pottered about today - bit of housework,  bit of gardening, bit of work, walked the dog, made tea, sorted some photos, now getting ready for bed.

Im pretty sure i done it yesterday but because i was so busy and occupied i hadnt noticed it was alot of walking around but the grounds were more like sand so was abit uneven. My feet and hips are generally  abit unstable so ive probably stepped wrong and pulled it sometime  during the day. Ive been using  some heat packs and muscle creams but will rest it abit more for a few days. If it doesn't  ease ill get it checked and make sure it doesnt need any other treatment 

Sounds like an easy going day for you. Tomorrow is looking  abit quieter for me thankfully. @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Always something to do @outlander , I look around at our place and wonder how people can keep their places so clean and tidy. I just can't get the knack of efficient house cleaning. Any hoo, must get some shut eye. 

I think of you lots, even though we haven't chatted so much.

@Faith-and-Hope would i be able to talk to you about eating disorders but only if it wont trigger you?

Sure @outlander, if there is anything I can help you with ....

i would really appreciate it @Faith-and-Hope but no pressures either.
I think i have and ED, i mentioned it once to my nurse but i havent felt ok to mention it again. i spoke to the butterfly foundation in one of my overwhelming urges for this ed and they said it would be a good idea to talk to my nurse but im to scared to do that. I dont really know what to do, but over the past few weeks its gotten worse. i thought i mightve been able to work through it but i dont think i can. i dont want it to affect other people around me

I understand @outlander, and I am glad you are thinking about what you can do to get some support around this.  Well done.  It’s not easy to reach out and start asking the questions, but it is important to beginning to feel better about yourself.

Rather than trying to ask you for details, because I know some particular words are considered triggers and are not permitted on the forums (from writing about my hubby’s ed, and family food issues), I think it would be better for you to speak with ed support services some more.

Yoi could call Butterfly Foundation back and you would likely get a different counsellor, or you can try these people - (there is a comprehensive list of services across the states

of Australia)

https://au.reachout.com/articles/support-services-for-eating-disorders

Most will have online chat or an email form available if that’s easier for you.

Sometimes it can be about food issues or disordered eating, rather than an eating disorder, so it is worth asking the questions to find out Hon.  Just the fact that it is troubling you means it’s worth doing something about, because peace of mind about these things is important too.

This is not a brush-off, by any means, so keep talking here if you need to, and I will answer whatever I can.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.