Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

Hi Peoples... some achievements out of necessity today. We're going to be traveling to visit my parents while there's a suitable(ish) break in the weather, so I needed to make sure things were ready for us to leave. Hubby and I managed to get down some of the very overgrown weeds in our yard (not all, but it's an improvement), and I pulled out a bunch of rhubarb sitting in the fridge threatening to go off, stewed it, used one cupful to make a fruit slice to take with us, and the rest is going into the freezer for some other time. I kept aside a few of the freshest looking stems that should still be good when we get back for a rhubarb relish recipe I've been wanting to try.
We'll do a quick pack in the morning, and then get on our way. Only a four day trip, so we don't need to take much.

@Smc Hey.  Its been a while since we "spoke".

Finding a suitable break in the weather is an interesting turn of events when for a long time we seemed to be able to function and take rain/shine/hot/cold for granted.  

@puzzlingdino Well done.  If the presence of others in the house is limiting you in basic selfcare activities, is there room for discussion.about that?  I mean without blame, but understanding the mechanisms of your issues.

@Judi9877 @tyme Cheers

@Shaz51 We keep on keeping on aye ...

Spag Bol, church standing for myself, telling an elder, that I will do gardening "when I feel the call" (not at his whim or habitual bossiness).  It was a drawing a line in the sand statement and I think he got the idea.  We will see.  Then I was sorting through music repertoire in the afternoon.  I am pretty driven and would never have survived without being autonomous, self managed and regulate, despite a chaotic childhood.. 

Sounds like you have accomplished a lot @Judi9877 - you are such an inspiration!

I think it's great you are planning a holiday - I think it helps when we have things to look forward to. 

Hope the week ahead is good to you - it sounds like you are off to a great start 🙂!

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather 

Hi there @FloatingFeather and others joining here today. Well done on your achievements! 

For my achievements so far today, they have been:

- had a shower

- had breakfast 

- helped my housemate lodge a bet for the Melbourne Cup 

- did some knitting of a blanket 

- checked out Facebook 

@FloatingFeather I did go on holiday back at the start of September to Echuca for 8 days but I haven’t got any more holidays planned due to not having any spare money and being undecided about future courses I want to study at the moment and needing time to work that out. Maybe in another 12 months I’ll look at going away again. 

Take care!

Judi9877☺️💐

Hi Everyone,

Today I

*took the bins out 

*Big pile of dishes 

*Took meds & vitamins 

*Made another art picture of gloomy weather 

*Connected on SANE 

* Got dressed 

*Washed my face 

* Did an under eye bag/wrinkle treatment - they are gel sticker things 

I haven't had shower for 2 days...oops

@EternalFlower 

Hey @maddison,

Maybe we could call it a shower vacation… I bet underneath your eyes look amazing though ❤️

Sounds like you have had a productive day x 

Haha. Very good idea @Sunshineandsea ☀️

Hi Achievers 😅

• had a shower
  • washing on incl pillow and mattress protector fingers crossed
  • tidied up
  • drank green tea
  • smiled
  • said hello to gecko housemate lol

@maddison @Judi9877 @Appleblossom @Sunshineandsea @SmilingGecko @Dimity @RedHorse 😸😎

.. ho k me ..again .. 

1. got up after considering sleeping all morning
  2. washed plates
  3. rang to cancel charity subscription ok cant do all the time
  4. had shower
  5. tidied table up (not as simple as sounds lol)
  6. paid rent on day due not 2-3 days after 
  7. made self do 10 mins return up and down slope to shops to carry bag of ice in backpack for exercise
  8. long chat w park manager as found common topic 
  9. may have snookered last contestant in o/s Will  thereby will get all of fathers share. Stuff them.

@Judi9877 @maddison @Appleblossom @Dimity @SmilingGecko @Sophia1 

Have a Good Day All ... 

@TAB that sounds like a highly productive day. And very good news on the inheritance front. Well Done.

Hope your surgery review goes well and is all positive. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.