Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

KO64
New Contributor

Help Seeking

Hi 

I am KO. 

I read a lot. Certainly helps keep over active mind preoccupied.

I used to self harm for years. Last year, I finally mustered up some courage to seek help.

After couple of months of intensive therapy, which is ongoing, I have been able to stop destructive habit.

What has helped along the line is learning how to be self compassionate.

I have an underlying mental health condition, so I choose daily to continue treatment. 

I don't read or watch the news anymore - helps keep anxiety at bay! Covid19, has made us more hygienic. 

I am on strong medication. My immediate goal is to start waking up earlier. How does one do that here - any tips for me? ~ thanks for reading ! 

stay healthy folks in this pandemic. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Help Seeking

Hi and welcome, @KO64 . Well done on seeking help and being able to stop the self harming. 🙂

Regarding waking up earlier, I found I needed a reason to start - like a project I was interested in. At the moment, I like getting online in the mornings on these forums, and it's a reason to get up early, to see how people are doing. But anything you were interested in would do.

I hope you enjoy exploring the forums. A handy forum tip is to type @ and click on someone's name you want to reply to in the drop-down box - that means they will get a notificatioon that you're talking to them. You can also type any topic onto the search bar above, to look up threads on that topic.

Re: Help Seeking

@NatureLover 

Thank you for the suggestion.

I will look into TAFE website. Perhaps I will do Course Online.

I will give it a go! During the day I have plenty of activities. 

I agree with you, I need a purpose for getting up in the morning.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.