Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Sirine
Senior Contributor

New life

Hi all just a quick update.  I am on day 5 of detox and am doing well. Have decided that I don't need a label I just have trauma.  I am going back to work next Wednesday and am looking at a new place today.

Mood is stabilising though woke up a bit blah this morning.  

So much happening right now. 

Hope everyone is doing well. Xxx

11 REPLIES 11

Re: New life

WOW @Sirine That is a lot on.  Hope you find yourself a place to live and going back to to work 'works'...lol.  Accepting or rejecting of labels can have a powerful impact on how we think about ourselves, so it is wonderful you are embracing a healthful proactive approach.

Good Luck with the detoxing, that is a huge step too.  I tend to need to go slow with change at the moment, but have dealt with a lot of rapid change in the past.  It can work sometimes for a completely fresh start.  Also gently bently with the trauma as it can be pesky.  Let us know how it all pans out.

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi there @Sirine 

Sounds good to me! You definitely don't need a label if you don't want one. Labels are 'done' to us by a clinical model of care. That's fine if people do want a label. They can be helpful in many ways. But for some people they aren't helpful but ARE hindering. I have been diagnosed with anxiety. Sometimes I choose to say this to people. It's helpful for eg when I talk to my mum about mental health issues. It helps her understand my symptoms are real and 'diagnosiable' by a medical professional. This is the model she understands. Having a diagnosis has been helpful in that my GP could prescribe medication for me which has helped a lot. 

I bet it feels good to clarify those things to yourself as well as the detox!

Hope you have a great day!

Hanami

Hi @Sirine ,

I've been thinking of you.

Thank you for updating us and letting us know how you are going.

We are with you all the way. I acknowledge detox is not easy, but you are such an inspiration in my eyes.

It sounds like it's onwards and upwards.

tyme

Hi @tyme 

Thanks hun. I'm nervous,  excited and anxious.  Will keep you all updated.  

Bubbles xxx

I'd love to be kept updated @Sirine .

Be prepared for some downs, but know that the ups are also there.

I really honestly believe in you @Sirine .

Anytime you need a chat, please tag me in 🙂

@tyme aaawwww I'm so glad I found this forum.  Let's see what the new week holds.

Have a great weekend hun.

Xxx

Hey @Sirine 

Glad to hear you're making changes for you. Change can be hard, but rewarding when reached. I have found your post very though provoking for a little self reflection and very inspirational 💜

How did you go with the new place? Suitable??

@Sunshineandsea  the place is small so will have to get creative but it's long term rental I don't want to move again. It's so stressful and I just can't deal with realestate agents anymore. This unit is basically a retirement thing. I just want somewhere safe and secure.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Did they give you an indication of when you ight find out @Sirine ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.