Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Flying_Hams
Community Guide

Pscyhedelics

Not sure if the guidelines for the sane community permit this but I'm posting it to see

does anyone here have experience with psychedelics? 

I have been listening to and reading a bit about them. Thinking of doing it. 

17 REPLIES 17
Rhye
Senior Contributor

Re: Pscyhedelics

Morning @Flying_Hams,

This is a fascinating and emerging topic, and a discussion that would be potentially quite valuable to have with respect to the outcomes and discoveries in the research space. The one caveat we need to communicate is that SANE does not condone the use of illegal drugs in the forums. Just a little reminder in case things tip into a grey zone 😊

With that said, it would be great to hear what you were thinking, or had read, in terms of research findings in this area, and keen to hear others thoughts.

Rhye ☘️

@Flying_Hams @Rhye 

it is interesting to see the renewal and growth in interest in medical use of psychedlics.

I would be careful of unauthorised use and possibility of adulterated substances.

google search ...

how about that even Monash is getting into it .

..https://lens.monash.edu/@a-different-lens/2021/12/10/1384226/treating-mental-illness-with-psychedeli... 

Good find @Appleblossom! This video that was within the article you posted is also a great explainer.

G'day @Flying_Hams  I've had my fair share of acid,shrooms

Hey @Bill16 , we're keen to keep this conversation going, so in the interest of not wandering into chats around illegal drug use, let's try to keep it to personal experiences of the legal kind – so chats around any trials you may have been a part of re. psychedelics etc 😊

Okay cool @Rhye 

What's happening @Flying_Hams I misunderstood your thread topic ,I apologize for my response

@Bill16  nah all good mate. No need to apologise. It can be a controversial topic. 

There is some science to suggest that psychedelics can help in mental health and I was more interested in it today after hearing about it on a podcast. 

I see my p doc on monday so I am gonna ask him. 

Thanks @Rhye @Appleblossom for your help too in this. 

It's an interesting topic for me because I think it may actually help me understand myself more. Unlocking the hidden parts of me and the deeper things that I am hiding or suppressing even. 

I know of yoga having this impact. But I may look into a retreat that uses psychadelic therapy too. 

Hi all, I am a bit concerned about the use of Psychedelics for conditions that present symptoms of Psychosis, like bipolar disorder 1 and schizophrenia.🤔

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.