Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Another 20km on the treadley today. And shaved 5 mins of previous best time. 

(Well since we started over anyway. Still short of were I once was). 

'Onya @Determined 

Pup saw vet today and no longer has a splint but still needs to take it easy for a couple of weeks. 

Good luck with the taking it easy @Former-Member 

Almost impossible if he is anything like our boy. 

Managed another 20km bike ride today.

Feeling  good that I managed to reach a performance target. 

New target set 😁

Achieved a new distance target today.

New target set for tomorrow.

Performance target... well that needs a bit of work 😵  at least endurance is increasing. 

Looking at my recorded rides last night. It  has been 3 years since I rode seriously. Was significantly faster back then even on my now retired rickety dinosaur of a bike. 

Happy with current progress however as I am carrying a little more ballast at the moment.  

Another bike ride today with darling. New distance target reached. Still a bit slow but pleased with our  effort. 

No riding as planned this afternoon.

Heavy rain shower. 

Back walking the hounds today, not quite the full distance as per vet instructions as the little fellow recovers from his leg fracture, probably helpful for me to ease back into things as my fitness levels have gone from bad to worse over the last few months of inactivity.

I have found it surprising how quickly fitness returns when easing back into activity @Former-Member 

2 weeks of limited activity here. Need to get back on my bike. Hopefully over the weekend. 

Took the hounds for another stroll yesterday, the little fellow was able to go the distance.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.