Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

@Sans911 missing you terribly hon. I hope that things are going well for you. Just know that we are here for you whenever you need us. 

No need to reply hon 💌💌

@Sans911 just coming past to check in with you hon.

Missing you so much sis. Hoping this break from the forums means you are going great.

Please remember we are here for you in the good and bad times.

Sending lots of love 💜💜

@Snowie oh, I wish I could say I was going great, but it's far from the truth hun. I'm just focusing on getting through from one day to the next. 

Thanks for the tag

oh @Sans911 I am so sorry to hear hon. It certainly is hard when we can only focus on one day at a time. 

Am around if you need to chat 💌💌

Thanks hun @Snowie

It's hard some days with having both mental and physical health problems.If it's not one, it's the other. Or both.

That must be hard @Sans911, especially with both. It must feel like you never get any time off.

Have you still got some supports around you?

@Snowie yes, I still have supports through the ndis but I've not had a cleaner or gardener for over 6 months. I've had a few trials, but they've not worked out. And my male support worker is going to be gradually withdrawing his support after 3 years as he's expanding his business and needs to personally focus on it.

I just had a plan review last month. The aim was to get my physical disability approved but it was rejected. And my funding has remained the same despite my needs increasing. I worked really hard for a couple of months to write my own reports, and get other documents, evidence and assessments.

I've now got to decide whether to appeal the recent decisions and fight for my physical disability to be added. 

How have you been? 

That is a lot going on hon @Sans911 Seems like you have had to deal with so much.

It just isn't fair when people that really need the help and put in the right documents are denied the funding they deserve.

Of course you can appeal, but that takes a lot out of us mentally and physically too.

I have been ok thanks. I spent about 5 weeks in hospital about a month ago having ECT. It messed with my memory a lot so only having it once per month now. My days have been rough, but slowly getting there.

@Sans911 @Snowie Heart sending you both lots of love

'.jpgmissing you @Sans911 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.