Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

Hello @RedHorse and @Dimity

Very pleased @RedHorse , that you are finding material in the threads that is helping you at the present time in your quest for an improved position in life. I believe, as time goes by that you also will be able to pass on to others, the benefits derived from your own experiences. At the moment, it might all seem to be a bit one-sided, but you will gradually see the benefit of the attention you are giving to what others can offer. Gradually that apparent imbalance changes to a position where you feel that there is an ever increasing sense of equilibrium and balance to your life.

I look forward to being around to see that happen. My feeling is that it will not take too long. It is the attention, application and effort that eventually achieves results. And you seem to have made the conscious decision to move in a positive direction. There will be hurdles and occasional reversals, but those we can manage and learn a bit more from than just momentum in one direction.

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Whoop whoop, you did it @RedHorse 🕺 The biggest achievement I see here is that you set yourself a task/goal and you achieved it. That's a massive win! Taking steps like this is how you cross the finish line when it comes to your goals, and if you have a set back that's okay because you know you can pick up where you left off. 

Amazing work 😊

Hey @Rhye @Dimity @Shaz51 @HenryX 

Love @TAB 's ratio of 'putting down and picking up' ....

@RedHorse Love the sound of your food forest and off grid living.  There are some fabulous things about that to inspire us all .... I have bath envy too, in that when son lives in the house I do not use it, cos it is in his bathroom and the thought that mum is "in his space" is TMI.  Says he is moving out later in the year, so I can wait til then.  

Today I had 'magic of tidying' bliss as shuffling around things to enable him to have music room and me to do a bit of study.  Also good relfections on why I procrastinate ... hearing you about mess being a protective thing too ... I get allergic to .... too much super minimal and clean ... we need just enough for effective productivity and creativity .... in my book...lol

I hope it feels better now @RedHorse  I sometimes wonder whether I do things just so I can have worry in my head, well, to cover up for whatever else isn't there .Like procrastination. thenthinking about doing task can become the task itself as you say (I think)

Got to love a good ratio @Appleblossom 

Think I said that okay plus others did too @RedHorse

Well @TAB @Appleblossom @HenryX @RedHorse my procrastination muscle is being stretched by trying to get on top of my tax. Quite a production getting on top of statements and receipts, printing at library, etc etc. It's good to have started, filing the paperwork.is actually quite soothing.

I need a working space the cat doesn't commandeer  he has a habit of pushing things off desktops.

Lol @Dimity 😅👍

@Appleblossom  we stand united in our "bathtub envy" lol

I am feeling better about my living space, thanks @TAB . I'm only doing one task each day, but it's progress none the less.

Well done on stretching that pesky procrastination muscle and getting started on your tax @Dimity.

Take care, RedHorse 🌹🐴

@Appleblossom  we stand united in our "bathtub envy" lol

I am feeling better about my living space, thanks @TAB. I'm only doing one task each day, but it's progress none the less.

Well done on stretching that pesky procrastination muscle and getting started on your tax @Dimity.

Take care, RedHorse 🌹🐴

thats good that you feel better about it @RedHorse  I'm glad that you are making your space my livable. I remembered just now, that going away helps, and when return, can see things as they really are and say who is this mad person who lives here lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.