Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

Hi @TAB how’re you doing? I hope your foot is better. Hi also @Dimity.

I thought I’d share hot off the press. I’ve just booked some hikes overseas in the coming year. Booking being confirmed. I’ll be in heaven!!

Wonderful @Delicatessen . You'll enjoy it 3  times over - the anticipation the experience and the memories. Scenic destination or nature immersion?

Hi @Dimity @all of the above…😊

..far out @Delicatessen  well done with overseas bookings thats a bit beyond me atm.. no, foot gets upset with No walking now .. I cant manage it anymore, used to fix w stretches , I need to get a professional to look at it, just cant get off backside to do it , so am getting 1500-3000 pain ish steps whenever I go to shops now, not 6000 plus few times a week not that long ago, just found old cert for walking 12ks in 1hr 40 mins lol ok was walking 9 hours a week then did speed training last couple weeks plus got carried away on the day with endorphines lol ok 20 years ago

Pretty good @TAB that's about 4 1/2 mph, 50% better than what I was doing in my teens. OK so I'm old.

Pleeeease get your foot checked.

i was walking a lot , but not quickly , there was speed training program in the newspaper @Dimity  like quick and slow intervals. heard people in crowd near the end saying was I running lol, didnt feel like it ha ha I do a kilometre in 12 mins now, well when walking, yes , gettinf sick of myself  re foot will try physio first never been to podiatrist , read that its likely foor pain is a symptom of another problem, calf is really tight , plus that side was knee that gave out 3x this year lol

Better to get expert opinion than Dr Google @TAB . Could also be plantar fasciitis. Podiatrists are actually OK, they do gait analysis not just feet. So you've got a choice - gp physio or podiatrist. 

I didn't walk yesterday,  I'd better feed the cat then go.

Hello @SmilingGecko @TAB @Oaktree @Piper20 @tyme @Captain24 @Delicatessenand all walking by

How is the walking going? I'm still persevering with my late afternoon walk but might have to rethink it when the weather gets hotter. I'm still working on my goal outcomes for diet and fitness... and blood sugars. I really must get back to my resistance exercises to ensure I'm not losing muscle. 

Hint: If you want to make more walking one of your New Years Resolutions how about getting a free trial before Xmas? Just a thought.

Thanks for the reminder! I really appreciate it. @Dimity 

Still got to get foot seen to here @Dimity it was a lot better today. Had to do long walk too and from carpark at hosp . Wasnt too bad. Got 3700 steps without meaning to lol 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.