Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

daisy20202-7
Senior Contributor

need some advice have a few questions

1. with the toms court hotel is it all positive cases that get sent there and ifso is it only adelaide cases or whole state cases if your house isnt suitable to quarrantine seperate from the rest of the house such as having to share same bathroom and kitchen.

2. if a person in your household tested positive could the rest of the household choose to quarrantine elsewhere while the positive member stays in the house or the same other way.

3. if you need accomodation if you choose to quarrantine elsewhere and/or if the positive case gets sent to a hotel such as toms court or pullman can you have option to pay off accomodation if you cant pay it all at once, what assistance is there.

4. if a person normally in your household tested positive could you still go out and about if you wernt at the house when they had test and you chose to stay elsewhere until all clear and/or during winter months.

5 if someone in main building on property had to have a test or tested positive and you lived in a granny flat with its own kitchen/bathroom and washing machine could you still go out if you wernt in main building

just at age (34 this year) where am not wanting to be affected at all or be able to quarrantine seperate if it really came to that so the likely chance isnt there to restart quarrantine if someone else in the house got it and its only a very small chance but a chance to me is a chance.

as you probably know it takes longer to be able to buy your own when single on one income even though not impossible and to be ideal you need 2 minimum wages or 1 really good wage but if you however dont mind waiting longer it certainly is doable on one normal income.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: need some advice have a few questions

Hi @daisy20202-7 Smiley Happy

It sounds like you have some questions that might best be answered by a local health authority- I'm not sure of the answers myself! I've found this information on where someone might be best able to answer all of your questions:

SA COVID-19 Information Line - 1800 253 787

Offers local information and advice on general COVID-19 matters for South Australians. Operates from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm every day.

https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/public+content/sa+health+internet/conditions/infectio... 

Toms court is the latest and probably the best,meets most of the requirements.I believe it takes overseas travelers as well as locals.Limited as to how many it can take.  jay2

with toms court with positive cases is it all cases no matter wether local or overseas and if local as well is it statewide or city only
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.