Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

wordman
Senior Contributor

ruminating on your illness

recovery For those out there who ruminate on their illness. Be it bipolar, schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, ruminating only serves to take you into a deep dark place. Let your mind be your friend not your enemy. Find alliance with your mind to place yourself in a happy and contented place. Remember that the world has a lot of negativity imposed on it. Also remember that positivity also exists. Negativity breeds negativity. Positivity breeds positivity, as I have stated in previous comments posted on this site. I know that overcoming any mental illness is extremely possible and achievable. Have faith in your passions and interests. find it within yourself to heal yourself. The tools exist within you to heal thyself. Try this experiment. Picture your mind as a blackboard. Written on this blackboard are the negative aspects of mental illness. Wipe the blackboard clean and write upon it all the positive things you want in life. If the positive things you want in life are Kindness, compassion, understanding, and all other non material things in life, as there are many more to mention, you are on the right path. I know you will understand where I am coming from. Practice the true virtues of life. Forget about the materialistic things. For those who believe in GOD, keep the faith. Any body wishes for me to elaborate further I will be more than happy to oblige. 

Regards

Wordman  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: ruminating on your illness

Thank you for your words @wordman. I’m getting better at catching my negative thoughts as they arise but there are still days where I ruminate and end up exhausted. Anxiety and depression are my battles. I will try the blackboard exercise and continue with my mindfulness. Thanks 🙏

Hello my dear @Krishna - seems like I haven't seen you around for a while.

Hugs to you and hope you are travelling okay despite the challenges.

@Krishna Hello Krishna. You understand the negative effects of ruminating. I am pleased to hear of this. When you do the blackboard excercise, don't forget that when you wipe off all the negative aspects of your life you are being rid of them forever. Keep the faith. 

Kind Regards 

Wordman

Hello @tyme  Yes haven’t been on the forums as often as usual. Some days better than others and trying my best to look after myself. We’re coming up to 3 years without my girl in my life and Xmas time still poses a lot of grief for myself and my husband. Although we are heading away this week to catch up with friends and family which will be lovely. Will be driving right past my girls address but would rather we didn’t call in. So close yet so far. I receive the occasional txt from her asking for money but nothing more. I have been seeing a psychologist to help with the emotional pain and doing short meditations and micro mindfulness techniques throughout the day when my thoughts overwhelm. It just plain hurts. 🙏

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.