Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Dogma
Casual Contributor

Black and White no Grey

So sorry was just booted from lifeline online because I was grey not black and white.

People and there situation are not always black and white they can be grey.

Anyone else feel like this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Black and White no Grey

Hi I contacted lifeline online chat last night and found their questions and responses seemed rehearsed and common ones and they weren’t really getting what I was trying to put across I ended up saying I was safe as got the impression I was wasting their time. Luckily my hubby woke and stayed awake till I managed to go to sleep so I wouldn’t commit suicide

Hi @Dogma and @Furn,

I'm really sorry to hear you had a hard time - what is good to acknowledge is that you did reach out. This is a really courageous thing to do at all when you are having a challenging time. 

Services out there will all provide different things and may not suit each person, as annoying as it can be, its important to push through and notice what works for you and what doesn't. If online chat support makes you feel frustrated, then maybe trying a phone helpline? I have listed some below, as if you feel at risk  its important to keep trying ot connect with support. 

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

If in immediate danger: 000

It is wondeful to see you both reached out here at the foums. Hopefully connecting with peers will also help! 

People are even more shades of grey than 50! @Dogma @Furn

Hi @Dogma@Furn@Appleblossom@Lauz

There are a lot of people working at Life Line and I have those responses where I feel as if the person isn't getting what I am feeling - it can still happen but I have figured out a way to get a good response

One is to not ring with the service is likely to be busy - it it is late at night there's a chance that people have gone home and those working are strapped for time so I would rather wait until later - first thing is a quieter time on Life Line and fresh workers can give more time I have found

Second is to know why you are ringing - try and figure your main reason for ringing and although other subject may come in - it is easier for the worker to help if you are not fighting to sort it all out at once - but that can be okay - it depends on the worker and the time

Third - if the call isn't going well - sign off - say thank you and let it go - you can ring back after a few minutes and say what happened - this works a treat - the second person will try hard to be helpful

And try and be calm - that's hard I know - and if you can't make the worker understand that's frustrating but it does happen - give it up - be polite and try again

I have had better luck since I worked out these ideas

All the best

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.