Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Neb
Senior Contributor

Hello

I am delighted to be participating in this new forum. I have had mental health problems all my life. I was finally diagnosed with MPD now DIssociative Identity Disorder which is mostly good now but I tend to regress under stress. I also have depression controlled with meds and also anxiety, claustrophobia and panic attacks. Despite it all, I am truly thankful I am here now, and live a quiet and productive life.

4 REPLIES 4
JT
Senior Contributor

Re: Hello

As my pyschologist says to me every time I see her.....stress is your enemy.  It took me a long time to actively avoid stress.  Like you I'm thankful to be here and people still in their early stages of their journey need to hear that there is hope.

kristin
Senior Contributor

Hi Neb,

Thanks for sharing. What a quiet, low-key courageous post. There's a lot of pain and growth packed into those few words. 

DID is pretty hard going, my best friend has it too. Yet, like all of us in our different ways, much good can come from becoming acquainted with ourselves, and especially from learning to value what we've gained from our own journeys.

All the best with that quiet productive life 🙂 it speaks to me of a sense of finding some peace within.

Best regards,

Kristin

BatGuano
Senior Contributor

Thanks for posting, Neb.

Having a safe feeling and de-stressing is very valuable for me.  I think of it like being safe in a cave at night, with a fire for light and warmth.

Or like closing a door, putting stressful things on the other side.  Everyone needs to feel safe.

Chamomile
Senior Contributor

Hi @Neb,

Welcome to the forums. We are delighted to have you :). Thanks for sharing some of your story with us. It is inspiring to hear that you have found gratitude, in spite of the challenges that you face.

social spaces can be a good place to hang out and have a casual chat, while Somethings not right is usually where people reach out for support.

I hope you enjoy your time here. If you have any questions you can email us or tag a moderator.

All the best,

Chamomile. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.