Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain

The recent swath of suicide by celebrities is very disturbing.  Let us all remember that they are just human being like the rest of us.  Let us all refortify our hearts to our safety plans so we do not follow them.  Our families and friends depend on us.  Remember that!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain

Agree @Former-Member. I was impacted by a celebrity suicide quite recently. It shook me more than I expected it would and my reaction took me by surprise.

I came across this from The Mighty today (hope it's OK to share). If anyone is struggling, it might be one to read.

@CheerBearThat is an outstanding article.  GREAT JOB!

People get all upset when this happens, but they’re just like anyone else. A mental health professional commented on suicide last week at the hospital we’re in saying it was “stupid”. It is NOT stupid. These people are like any of us who find life unbearable. It’s not selfish, it’s not stupid. It’s people who’ve tried their damnedest and just couldn’t keep trying - and I get that. So no offence to anyone here - but I can understand anyone who turns to this. I know I would, and probably will one day. It’s the family and friends and whoever else that can’t take it because they don’t think about how hard it must have been for the person for them to end their lives and end their pain.  Again, my opinion. But yeh

RIP Kate Spade & Anthony Bourdain. May you both rest in peace. No more suffering. 😥😥

❤️❤️

@Dearprudence9  Amen! Amen! Amen!  You are right on all counts.  We can never know these peoples hidden demons and they deserve the respect of not mocking them by saying their lives were too privileged to be worth losing.  NO LIFE IS WORTH LOSING.

@Dearprudence9. Disgusting that someone working in the mental health field would think this,  let alone say it.

Just shows that they don't understand. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.