Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

ANZAC DAY

ANZAC Day, Hello everyone just thought I would share a post about Today remembering all service men and women from all conflicts past and present as well as their families the Many Dawn Services as well as R.S.L get togethers, the Marches and Speaches , the Australia and New Zealand Flags ,the Poppy, The stories of Bravery and Friendship and History ,The Nurses and Doctors and medical professionals that have and continue to look after Veterans, the Families of Veterans who have lost Loved ones, The Last Post, The Sunrise and Sunset, the Floral Tributes, The Medals for Service, The Military Uniform, The One Minute Silence, The national Anthems, Two Up, ANZAC biscuits, The annual Football game between Collingwood and Essendon. Lest We Forget ❤️🌏🇦🇺 

6 REPLIES 6
Emelia8
Senior Contributor

Re: ANZAC DAY

Thank you @LostAngel 🙏

My late husband was a returned serviceman,  a Vietnam Vet.  And I have many acquaintances,  through him,  who are ex and current servicemen and women.

I did not attend the Anzac service this year, the first time in a long time.  I went last year,  only days after my husbands death and I wore his medals in his honour. This year I couldnt go,  as I am in hospital.  I did paint a picture of poppies though,  in watercolour.  I will see if I can take a photo and upload it here a little later. 

Here is the poppy picture I painted for ANZAC day.   Hmmm,  I cant get it to turn around on my phone. 

IMG20220426081247.jpg

20220426-203642_1.jpeg

Turned it round for you @Emelia8 💐  it's beautiful, so delicate, well done!. I love poppies. Sorry about ya hubby, these aniversaries are so hard. My late dad was a war vet, Korea, I've been thinking of him strongly too 😢 The Vets have a strength in them that I don't see anywhere else, a dignity. and depth. Miss 'em hey 😞

How come you're in hospital? Sorry, to hear it. I've not been the forums much lately 🍂

Ahhh much better,  thank you @Rosemary4 . 🙏💖  Thanks too for your kinds works about my artistic pursuit around my poppies.  I was actually fairly happy with how it turned out ..  surprising for me. 

I started out in hospital for spinal surgery back in early Feb.  Was in hospital for recovery,  then rehab.  Then got trfd to MH coz it coincided with trauma anniverary and I was having nightmares.  They had a psychiatrist assessment done on me and recommended a few weeks in psych ward where I could also continue my rehab.  So I had 6 weeks all up in hospital Feb/Mar. Then I had two weeks back home,  was not doing well and was threatened with having an ambo called unless I sought another admission.  So I have been back in MH ward for 3 weeks now,  but going home this Friday. Had meds changed and, unlike last time,  I now have support lined up for when I get out.  So I should be right. 

Yes I agree,  the war vets are often a unique bunch.  There are several here at present and I have had some interesting conversations with them. Respects to your late Dad. 🌹 

Emelia

Rhye
Senior Contributor

What a beautiful painting and tribute to those who have served @Emelia8. Poppies are some of my favourite flowers, I love the depth you've captured here...can almost feel their delicate, crinkly papery petals 💜

@Emelia8 I'm amazed they didn't think to send you home with support last time. When will they get their act together! Having said that I'm so glad there's been some stretched out inpatient care for you through this surgery recovery, you've been through so much on your own otherwise 💐 Hope your mobility is strong enough to manage at home. Hugzz-n-hugzz 🍂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.