Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Catt25
Contributor

Always need to be doing something

Hey 

I'm terrible at sitting still, I have to be engaged with a task and it seems it needs to intellectually stimulating, this doesn't mean it can't be something like a TV show or music, but I can't sit still and just do nothing otherwise I find my mind spins out of control. Anyone else relate? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Always need to be doing something

Hi @Catt25 ,

Some people are just super active and that's fine. I'm quite chilled though. While I love bushwalking and such, I am happy to sit quietly watching the river flow. Smiley Happy

Hello Busy person , I am

much the same . I need to be occupied and am usually multi- tasking in most things I do . I find keeping my hands busy helps calm my mind . I do embroidery and knitting to occupy my mind to help

me switch off to go to sleep. 

@Lilaca

I feel though I need to learn to quiet my thoughts so I can sit still. 

i've probably had that in the past, i'm very good at doing nothing though
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.