Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Hi @Pippyl 

We have him home now to be surrounded by love, it's his wishes. I'm primary carer 24/7 but treasuring every minute that he has left. Thank you for your message 🙏

Hello and hugs @NatureLover 💚🌄

Hi @Pippy - thanks for connection. We do sound very similar with our hoarding (or chronic messy) I have empty cupboards too. And unpacked boxes. Tried to do the dishes 3times today 🤫 my mood, energy, concentration is very low. I keep switching from onebmindse to another. Bit sick of myself. Processing some major grief dates, hate living like this. Probably go nuts without distraction of tv. Or would we get more done? Anyway. Good to see you
🌻🍀🌻🍀🌻🍀

Glad to hear @Anastasia 

@Rosemary4 same and same. I honestly feel like the only person going through this, my friends don't get it and then you guys think like me. Do you mean you reclean the dishes? I do this and that's why I haven't progressed. And I avoid distract too coz I can't handle it that I feel I'm a failure. And yea unprocessed grief manifests like this in finding. 

*im finding 

Hello @Pippyl and @Rosemary4 

Can really identify with some of the thought patterns and behaviours that you have each described, particularly with regard to repetition and going back over work again.

Best Wishes

@HenryX 

@Pippyl wrote:
Yes @NatureLover omg I'm not the only one!! I can't tag for some reason hope you see this

@Pippyl  it's a comfort to me to know you also have OCD germophobia and hoarding disorder. And I also have bags all over the floor as there's nowhere to put the stuff in them! 

Omg I think it's the contamination spreading I fear more than the germs it's weird. I don't think I'm a hoarder, but my dad is one. I think if I don't get on top of it, it will turn into hoarding. I've noticed this past year I conpulsive buy cleaning products but nothing else but I do use them eventually and now that I've seen how much I've stored I don't buy so much. But I def see the link of OCD and hoarding. 

sorry @NatureLover  forgot to tag 

@Pippyl wrote:

I think if I don't get on top of it, it will turn into hoarding. 

@Pippyl  it's definitely worth trying to stop the hoarding disorder from developing as it's a right pain to try to get rid of! 

The OCD and the hoarding clash with each other and make things more difficult...things pile up in my house waiting to be disinfected 😞

Definitely, contamination is an awful fear. It's stopped me from having any success so far with the Exposure Response Prevention therapy.

Yea @NatureLover  I know all about hoarding from my dad, mum wants to sell the houses but how could they. I dread when they die and we'll have to do it. And ye like the OCD once it has a mind of its own it's harder to reverse. I used to be a minimalist that felt I didn't have enough stuff and organized it's jus abrupt moves and lack of spring cleaning that made me like this but I'm determined to at least do clothing, kitchen cupboards and toys and I'll be happy. I've at least turfed shoes and have clothes ready for donating jus need to wash and put away my clothes. I worked with kids so I feel I want to hold onto a lot of toys. But I'd jus store them at work and some I'd jus leave there if I leave. And yea I've been motivated to start small. Yea ert makes sense but I feel it won't work for me coz I can sit without doing compulsion but even if months go by I still feel the need to do it at some point or can't more forward. I'm willing to try my psych doesn't really do it but we do emdr which helps desensitize and understand why somehow. I also find parts work helpful it's basically talking to diff parts of yourself so I indentify OCD as a part coz I'm always at war without myself and jus befriending that part in the moment of OCD rather than try to fight it. There's even mindfulness for parts where you understand OCDs purpose. Hope that's helpful and open to anyone's helpful suggestions plz! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.