Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jilly
Contributor

Everything

Hi, I'm new, am not even sure if I'm writing in the right place (computer unsavvy). I need to tell my story, but it's so long, as abuse began for me at age 7, and I'm retired from regular work now. I have to say everything, because one thing led to another, one thing caused the next thing to happen, all the way through my life, and I'm not even sure if I can put it together. When I think about writing it all down, I know it would help me to get it out, but the sheer volume causes me to feel overwhelmed before I get the first word down. Maybe in the days to come I can make a start.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Everything

Hi @Jilly and welcome to the SANE Forums 🙂 You are in the right place to be able to share your story, and be supported by your peers. I hope you find this is a safe and supportive place, where we can hold space with you while you share your story Heart

You mentioned that putting your story into words is something that you would like to try, but it's also feeling a bit overwhelming. Have you put parts of your story into words, or reached out to somewhere like SANE before?

As you start to write your story here, there will be other members of our community around to support you and be a listening ear. To help you write your story, and share your experience, I will also link to our community guidelines to help you get a sense of how to share here- I always find it helpful to check out in a new space to get a sense of what we are all about Heart 

You have taken a brave step in signing up and making your first post today. It takes so much courage, especially when you are still sitting with some big feelings around writing your story. Please know we are here to support you in any way you feel you need, and we hope this can be something that supports your wellbeing and recovery when you are ready to share Heart

Sitting with you, 

Daisydreamer

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hi @Jilly  and welcome to the forums.  You have found a really safe and supportive place here to start sharing some of your story. There are so many lovely folks here that are more than willing to listen and offer support as you begin sharing. It can feel scary at first to be vulnerable and share the things that have happened to you, but this is certainly a safe place to do so. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

As for someone who had it all growing up, not all but looking back it was better than it is now… diagnosed with serious mental health issue and experienced abuse 3 times as an adult male while dealing with a mental health issue I’m really open to hearing your story if you want to share @Jilly 

Hi and welcome, @Jilly ! It's good to have you here, where people can understand some of what you've been through. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you suffered abuse from the age of 7 😞

I know my psychologist helped me work through my childhood abuse by getting me to write a timeline of my life. That helped me to break it up into chunks and put it in some order in my head. Maybe that might help?

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

Thank you Nature Lover, that's actually a really good idea. I just drown in intermingling memories when I attempt to put it all together. I'll start working on that right now. x

Bow
Senior Contributor

@NatureLover @Jilly  I’ve actually found that really helpful too… to write everything down in a timeline. So many things have happened to me also, it often feels like a jumbled up mess, but putting in all into a timeline made it all a bit clearer and helped with some missing pieces. 

hi, Daisy, i went to a mr.perfect sausage sizzle mens group chat thismorning, met real nice people trying to simply connect and chat, same as we are doing here right now, chatting is a fine way to express how we do or dont feel, i found non judgy people which is reassuring if weve had strife connecting before, i find getting out of the house very beneficial, but do understand some folks find that a real chellenge, i had to force myself to go and meet new faces and was made feel welcome instantly, we yarned about some community issues(no politics). ive had clinical depression for 23 years and still find some days a challenge, we are not alone ! nice to know there is this forum to spill our concerns, i live in TOOWOOMBA QLD, and love our city, not much hussle and bussle here like bigger cities we are rural based in a pretty city, weve 4 distinct seasons to enjoy and housing is still reasonably valued compared to our southern neighbours. nice to chat and hope you are coping ok today / cheers dalo

@Jilly wrote:

Thank you Nature Lover, that's actually a really good idea. I just drown in intermingling memories when I attempt to put it all together. I'll start working on that right now. x

Aww, I hope you find it helpful @Jilly  🙂 

Wishing you strength and all you need as you tackle the childhood abuse ❤️

Hi Jilly. I am "Is anybody there". I too am new to this site. Wasn't sure of Posting in the right place etc. This is due to my stage of depression right now. Keep reading the same line over and over without it getting through.

Your situation sounds complex to say the least and I would like to understand it more.

In my short time here, I have found this the best most genuine site of its type. Many different stories, but I have found nothing but support. I hope you are able to do so too. I think that the openness and diversity helps me to feel safer here. I have tried finding a suite like this before, but many are badly moderated and some just sleazy.

If you ever feel like chatting, I am open to it. NO pressure.

Take care, IsAnybodyThere.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.