Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Annhart
New Contributor

Far from home

Hi. I'm new here and just needed to talk to someone - anyone - who would listen. 

Firstly, please,  I'm not suicidal, just sad - very sad. My dad died almost 8wks ago and my mum died last week. Her funeral is tomorrow. 

I left my husband to be with my parents, and although we talk every night, I miss him so much. 

I sometimes feel that my grief is overwhelming. I'm experiencing high levels of anxiety and I just want everything to go back to normal. 

Coronavirus hasn't helped, what with having to apply for exemptions to return to your own home. 

Anyway, I'm just a long way from hone. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Far from home

@Annhart  Hey Annhart and welcome to the forums I am sorry it couldnt be under better circumstances for you. Firstly let me say my condolences for your losses. You have certainly had a tough time and life can be cruel like that. I am heading out the door but will be on later this morning and will endeavour to catch up with you then if you are around. You can talk to forum users by putting a @infront of their name like I did for you and then they will receive a notification of your post. Stay safe and strong. Love to you. greenpeax

@Annhart  Welcome. This really is a very very tough time for you. I am sorry for your loss. Both parents in such a short time. Very very sorry.

Being away from your husband and home at this time is also extremely difficult.

Please feel you can talk more here. We are hearing and caring. 💙💙💙

Hi @Annhart 

My sincere condolences to you. I’m New here too but my heart goes out to you.

My husband died then 10 days later my father died but you have the extra challenge of being in a pandemic

With your husband so far away you really need to know that he will be there for you and hold you in his arms  sometime soon.

Just take one day, one task at a time and don’t try and do it all yourself.

Do you have siblings?

I’m sending you hugs and understanding.

Eve7

@Eve7  Welcome to the forums to you also. So sorry to hear of your loss also. 

Sending a hug to you. 💙💙💙

I cannot even start to imagine what you are going through at this moment. One loss is heartbreaking, another... without description.  Being alone and unable to return to those you connect with is without a doubt one of the times in your life you will know in yourself you are strong and resilient.  

I, for one am in awe of you, and I hope even for a moment you can feel that for yourself. These times are life changing for everyone, and even more for those moving in trying moments.  Keep moving forward like you are already doing, you are stronger than you feel.

Dear @Annhart 

@special hugs for you today xox

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.