Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Olga
Senior Contributor

Furious, ferocious, fragile...

I have been feeling quite elevated last few months and mostly content and happy. After another sleepless night I just feel so angry today, a real rage...I have fought with everyone in my family today and nearly beat up 2 different drivers who gave me the shits with their bad traffic behaviour. I just feel like a lioness ready to pounce and got all this pressure in my chest area. Has anyone got any advice for me??? I don't think I will get any sleep again with feeling like this...I was told by Psych to increase meds which I started last Thursday.  Such a mess, what to do??

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Furious, ferocious, fragile...

Hi Olga, To me is seems like the beginning of a depression.. Are you prone to winter depressions ? Any way I would make a serious attemp to back off of any conflicts , walk away from them, excuse your self with a pretend headache. The more conflicts you enter into ,the worse YOU are going to feel. I find that I calm down if I play burst the bubble games on my phone. Can you take your mind off of things by listening to a talking book ( hear a book ) available at any library to borrow free. If you have a pet ,or a garden , very good for making you feel calm.  Be sure you are eating a goon nourishing meal every day ,junk food wont help you ,processed or too much sugar or salt . Definitely stay away from alchol big no,no makes things worse. Hope you  can get it to gether soon . @jay2 

Re: Furious, ferocious, fragile...

Thank you for that @jay2. You are tight, I need to walk away from conflict. Good idea with game on phone. I calm down with phase 10. I will also go for walks when I can on days I don't work. My medication just got increased, that may have to do with it. I was a bit elevated and now just irritable. A bad trade...how are things for you? Nice weather for gardening. We have sunny days but cold out here in the inland.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.