Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Laso26
Casual Contributor

Introduction

Hi my name is, well I can’t tell you this at.

why am I here? Well I have done the the wrong thing. I had been under a lot of stress and well I stuffed everything. I ended up attempting to take my own life. I have destroyed everything in my life. For some reason I can’t do the right thing. No matter what I do it always turns out wrong. I always seem to make mistakes. I’m positive everyone hates me. No one every makes contact with me, they just don’t want to. My wife hates me, my kids hate me I hate myself. I can’t sleep, can’t be bothered eating. What else can I say oh yeah. Three random facts

1. I like motor bikes. 

2. I’m nearly 50. But don’t look it. 

3. Love playing hockey. Haven’t played for a couple of years though. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Introduction

@Laso26  Good morning Laso26 and welcome to the forum :).  I am sorry life is tough for you atm hopefully you will find some solace here amongst our caring community. I love motorbikes too and have done some big mistakes (hasn't everyone) . I am 54 and look it lol :D. Sorry to hear about your thumb that doesn't sound the least bit pleasant. Have a look around the forum and when you feel comfortable you might like to post on some threads. A couple of good ones imho are the good morning thread (which goes 24 hours lol) and the friday night feast thread which happens every friday around 7pm. Anyway take good care of yourself and I hope to see you around the forum. greenpeax:)

Hi @Laso26, welcome to the forums.

Glad to see you've taken the step to reach out to others at this difficult time for you. We're here to listen and we just love people's stories. With any luck we can help you on your path out of your troubles as we get to know you better, so keep on posting.

I'm in my 60s and love bikes too, I've got a nice Bonnie Bobber for the next few years which I'm enjoying.

Hi @Laso26,

Thanks for sharing your story with us and welcome to the forums, you will find many others here who understand what you're going through and the feeling of always seeming to make mistakes.

Your interest in motorbikes sounds fascinating – have you always liked motorbikes? What do you ride?

I have 2005 ZX10R. Great machine. 

Thank you all for your words. Some days it feels like such a struggle. Like today can’t be bothered getting out of bed. I know I have things to do but hey I can always do them tomorrow. 👍

@Laso26 What a bike! It must be incredible to get out and enjoy that ride.

Hope you can give yourself some peaceful rest and care today, so you can hit the ground running tomorrow.

Yes. It can be a bit frustrating. The moderation can be over the top here but I do understand where they are coming from. I think it depends which moderator is working. Weekends are super bad to post. I think reason you cant post names including just your first or surname is the idea it might somehow lead to identification. Just be careful with how you discuss about your self harm stuff too. Just write it in symbolism or alterative words. With that said, there are caring people here. A bit more caring than other websites. Have you considered seeing a psychologist confidentially (without your partner knowing). You can access for free in some places in Australia but I dont know where or how. Anyway, dont get too frustrated with what you can or not say. Read community rules when you get the chance to know what to watch out for. Be presistent. 

as They say. Life is a journey. 

@Ali11 

You can access Medicare funded psychologist appointments.  If you go to your gp and explain you need a Mental Health Care Plan,  they will organise this for you.  Ask for a referral to a psychologist. 

At the moment,  it sounds like it's a really tough time.  Glad to see you reaching out here.  Next step,  reach out to your gp. 

I wish you well. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.