Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jamie
Casual Contributor

Meds can be hard to take...

Perhaps I Should Abstain: Like I said I’m half dead,
 it’s defs the meds I dread. 
It doesn’t help to drink, just makes whinge. 
Like my life’s come off the hinges 
and that my existence needs persistence; 
I sometimes wonder if I’ll make the distance.
 I know what you’re thinking “be more resistant”
 But I’m telling you so; I don’t even feel low. 
Sometimes I just don’t know if I can follow my vision of me fulfilling my mission… 
And my life is easy so I shouldn’t complain, 
cause I wouldn’t know real pain if it was hooked to my veins.
 All I know about is being insane so I need refrain from making rhymes of my disdain; of the bane that makes me feel so damned drained.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Meds can be hard to take...

@Jamie 

Hi Jamie, welcome to the forums, My name is Kato, your post it reads so beautifully, very poetic,

It actually reads like song lyrics, i don't know why, but when i read it, in my head i am singing it, Can you tell me a bit more about yourself? if you like, you don't have to of course,

are you finding it difficult keeping up with taking your meds? or am i mis-interpreting a little.

Hope to hear some more from you

regards Kato

Hey Kato!
Thank you for the compliment. This one's an older one. At the time the I was really struggling with the side effects of my medication (the eating, the lethargy...)
More about me? Okay, I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and have had two episodes.
It has fuelled my interest in psychology and now I'm an undergrad student. That's a little about me, how about yourself?
I like that you read them as lyrics! Ha ha, I have been trying to write lyrics as a time waster these days and this one is one of my first attempts 🙂

hey jamie,

yeah it was odd i had to re-read it a few times, and each time it was sounding more like song lyrics,

I have been diagnosed with bipolar, possible mood disorder, generalised anxiety and depression, i am currently working through from an episode i had late last year, that has made me lose alot, but i am getting better, slowly but surely, I must admit i have been reasonably lucky with my meds, i went maybe 2 months of being bombed out, now they don't give me too many side effects..... my mood cycles pretty quickly, between up and down, and i am waiting on confirmation from my new psychiatrist on exactly what my diagnosis is, which should be this week.

I like the forums because they are a safe space, and i have met a heap of really interesting and nice people, oh and i get carried away and type too much....

keep up the writing, it's really good, i just saw your other post, it's also really good

i think maybe in the future i might lean toward working or voluntering in the mental health sector, but not too sure at this stage

That's rough you've got the works. But through the haze comes perspective...
Or so is how it worked for me, and I hope for you too.
Thank you for the kind words 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.