Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

All good @Zoe7 I think it was the location and weather making it a bad combo

Weekend wise I might be going to lunch for a friends bday but not 100%

I gotta be honest. I'm getting sick of the mundane everyday. Not suicidal. But just empty

It's like I don't find joy in stuff no more @Zoe7

You certainly seem like you have to be doing things quite often to stay busy @Flying_Hams That is not a bad thing but it is also good to have time to just sit and unwind - which you also do. The balance is the key and not something many of us get right. I am certainly still working on that.

It would be nice to go to lunch for your friend's birthday so I hope that works out for you - would certainly break up the mundane for you.

I am dogsitting my sister's dog tomorrow and tomorrow night so will be kept busy with him.

@Flying_Hams I think we cn get bogged down in routine and the status quo sometimes and as important as routine is when you are working towards some things - for others it is monotonous. Again it is about finding the balance and if you lose interest in one things trying to find something else to replace it.

I might run some anxiety group meetups @Zoe7

But I took next week off work because I was just done with tutoring the kids. Gives me the shits. I think I just gotta plan step one of the US trip. Next week in other words.

Do you know of any classics that tell the tale of someone coming of age? I feel like i need good fiction right now.

Might bring my psych appt forward too.

I'm emotionally exhausted and I don't care about a lot

I actually don't read much fiction @Flying_Hams - more into non-fiction especially biographies. 

I think you have had a big high with the good news and now you are coming down as the adrenalin decreases - so your flat feeling is natural.

I think trying to bring your psych appointment forward is a great idea as you have a lot to discuss.

How long will you go to the US for?

A couple of weeks for the US @Zoe7
Gonna visit my friend in NJ and then go see NYC and Washington DC. I'm having trouble organising it because I might need help. I'll be a good son and ask mum for help haha. And my dad too coz they are well travelled.

As for Psych, I think you might be right in relation to adrenaline.

I'm split atm. Between excitement and total fear.

I think I'm just used to things being wrong or uncomfortable and it's weird that it is working out now...

sorry the Meetup was crap  @Flying_Hams xx

That's okay @Shaz51
Usually it is good. It was good to see some regular faces.

I'm just trying to process it all now

It's a hreat idea to ask your parents for help especislly if they themselves have travelled a lot @Flying_Hams

I can understand you being caught between fear and excitement. It is something you wanted but probably did not think would happen so you have also probably been in a bit of shock ...and that can do funny things to us.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.