Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

I got a couple ‘likes’ from @Flying_Hams this morning @soul 😸

Good to hear that @Flying_Hams has been around @TAB

Hi @Flying_Hams I hope your trip is going okay. I miss seeing you around the forum and I'm sure you miss being able to post but wanted to know I am thinking f yu and very much hoping you are enjoying yourself. Smiley Very Happy

Yeah me too @Flying_Hams

Miss you in here

hope you’re having a good time. 

Xx

Thinking of you @Flying_Hams and hoping that all is going well. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. You have a great opportunity right now and lots more to come.

Hey all. I am VERY jet lagged. Off to bed for me.
I will fill you all in tomorrow. Just to say that I have gotten back safe 🙂

Good to see you. Thanks for checking in and letting us know your home safe. Chat tomorrow

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures @Flying_Hams.

@soul @outlander @Zoe7 @TAB @BlueBay @Appleblossom @Ant7 @Adge @utopia @Shaz51

Hey all. I think I've recovered mostly from the jetlag. I feel quite groggy still but that is to be expected I suppose haha.

Well I'm not sure where to start with all of it. All I can really say about the places I visited and what I saw was just as good as I thought it would be.

I have some photos I will definitely post up tomorrow.

In terms of my mental health, there was an initial upset on the day before I left and I think that released a hell of a lot of the nerves I had going into the holiday. I only one other negative experience like that while I was in NYC and I spoke to dad on the phone about it. Was a good help. I had little issue with the medications and they mostly kicked in when I took them like they usually would here.

The biggest challenge was probably the time difference/delay between flights and jet lag - perhaps enhanced because of the medication changes.

But overall, my MH was managed - in much the same way that it was. Some days were harder to get out of bed, which I knew would happen. Other days not so much.

So the holiday itself - the more interesting bit.
I started in New Jersey, then worked my way down towards DC. It was great to stay with a friend's family who were extremely welcoming and accepting to me. I arrived on Thanksgiving Day/Night and ended up eating a feast - which was damn good after that airline food. Horrible stuff haha. The first few days gave me a chance to settle in and take a bit of a back seat to all that was going on. I then went on to NYC and did all those touristy things. Was there for just under a week and then headed to Philadelphia at the recommendation of my friend's mum who said it was good if you are interested in US history. Very good musuems and sites to see. Then it was on to DC where I think the highlight of the trip was. Heaps to see. Also caught up with two people when I was there.

That went super quickly. The hostel was pretty good. I'd go back there - it was well maintained and decent standard for what I paid. Good people too, a fair few characters.

Then it was on to Poland. Which was pretty damn cold haha. But it was enjoyable and the course itself was also pretty good.

I'm a bit stuck on what to write about but perhaps that will come to me over the next few days as I wind down from the exhaustion. Been out today a bit for a friend's birthday.

I think it's fair to say I learned a TONNE about myself and a good deal of that is hard to put into words. I think I can best describe it by way of letting the gears inside do its things. I had all the preparation and knowledge there and ready to go. It was simply a case of sitting back and letting the machine do its thing. Alas, here I am on the other side of it all looking back at how much it has impacted me.

For now I'm going to take another rest - chat again soon.

But know that in the lead up to leaving you forumites helped me with a lot and I sometimes jumped on forums to "like" your comments and support. Just as a sign of appreciation.

Thanks again 🙂 And chat real soon.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.