Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Freya5
Casual Contributor

My best friend lost his battle with cancer

For the past 15months I've helplessly watched my friend suffer in pain & become so sick, just over a week ago he died. Even though I knew this was coming it has hit me so hard, I have spiraled into a deep depression. He was so young so full of life & still had so much more living to do. I couldn't help him I couldn't save him. He suffered & fought so hard but he lost his battle, cancer took my dear friend. I've never meet a more kindhearted beautiful soul he was perfect, life is so unfair, I feel like I have no idea how to go on in life without him I'm so so broken inside just getting out of bed each day is such a struggle, I wake every morning feeling extremely sad, he was an artist and so am I his last wish was for me to paint his coffin, it was the most confronting emotional beautiful experience of my life, I hope I did him proud. I haven't picked up a paint brush since & I feel like I'll never paint again & I know he'd be so sad about that, I really have no desire to do anything, I miss him so much I'm completely heartbroken.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: My best friend lost his battle with cancer

Hey @Freya5 

I'm so sorry for your loss Heart

Thank you for sharing your story and being vulnerable with us here. Your friend sounded like a wonderful person and someone you had and still have so much love and respect for. What a beautiful thing to use your art skills as part of his final send off, I'm sure he would be proud.

The grief you are feeling is still very raw right now, and that’s an incredibly hard place to be in. Go gently with yourself.

We are here to support you on the forums. I also wanted to share the details of Griefline in case you would like to access some free grief counselling over the phone.

Take good care of yourself.

Griefline

Midday to 3am AEST, 7 days a week

1300 845 745

https://griefline.org.au/resources/

Thank you so much 💙 @Jupiter 

He definitely was a wonderful man & will be dearly missed, thank you for passing on that number I didn't know there was a grief hotline I could contact, so thanks I'll give them a call next week 😊 

@Freya5 

It was a great honour to be asked to paint his coffin. 

Honour your grief and let it take its own time to mature, to cure and to heal.

Welcome to the forum

Smiley Happy

hello @Freya5
im so sorry for your loss, sending my condolences, love and hugs to you Heart

@Appleblossom 

Such an honor I'm so grateful that I could do that for him 💖
thank you xx

@outlander @Thank you so much 💖

@Freya5  I’m sorry you have lost your best friend. I can hear how hard it is for you, for anyone, under those circumstances.

I can imagine the beautiful painting you did on his coffin. A privilege.

We are here listening when and if you feel the need to talk/ walk through part of grief.

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you Maggie,
I really appreciate the kind words I have received on here 💝

@Freya5  Just dropping in to see how you are travelling?

Sending some 💙💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.