Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Sapphireblu
Casual Contributor

New here!

Thanks very much @Rainforest 

My 16 year old son has suffered mental health problems for over 12 months & has been on medication, seeing CAMHS, psychiatrist, GP, Well being team at his school. 

Last week things came to a head, with suiicidal threats, violence against myself & his sister.  x5 000 calls in 2 days. 

We have psychiatrist appt this week & also court & memtal health are ringing & checking in on him every day.

To be honest, I'm really battling & feel quite traumatised after everything.  Any others been down this track & any ideas??

Many thanks Sapphireblu

1 REPLY 1

Re: New here!

Hey @Sapphireblu,

I've moved your post to it's own discussion so that people can jump in and contribute, this leaves the Introduction thread for those hellos Smiley Happy 

It sounds like you have been through a terrible crisis with your 16yo son, I'm so sorry to hear he is having suicidal thoughts and that there are threats of violence against you and your daughter. It sounds overwhelming so I am really glad you are reaching out for support. 

Please keep doing so, you are not alone and you deserve support. I hope you can take one day at a time while you are in this crisis stage Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.