Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

App
Casual Contributor

New

Hi I'm new to the forum and would like to share a little about me. I guess I've joined this forum to find others in the same position as myself as there are times when I feel like I'm the only one who deals with the struggles of living with a Bipolar 1 diagnosis. I work full time and have 2 adult children. One who lives out of home and one who kind of comes and goes. I've had 2 bipolar episodes which have included psychosis. I'm medicated. I take an antidepressant and a mood stabiliser. I've been hospitalised twice as I seem to be the last one to realise when I'm not well. I have been seeing the same psych for 20yrs. Recently he allowed me to go on a lower antidepressant dose. I find myself feeling a little anxious but I guess on the whole I'm doing OK. I would love to connect with others as I get lonely now that my children have grown. I find lonliness a real challenge as I'm not somebody who has hobbies due to the fact that I was a single parent who dedicated their life to raising the kids. I find there are times when I lack the motivation to do anything. Would love to hear from you.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: New

G'day @App

Welcome to the SANE Forums. I am glad you have joined. It's always good to meet new members.

The beauty of the forum is that many people come here for many different reasons. We are are pretty diverse bunch actually.

I am in the process of becoming a Community Guide so I just wanted to drop by and say hey. Some other guides know more about the forums features like @Shaz51 @outlander

If you ever want to chat to someone you can use the @ key and type a name on there.

I get what you mean about loneliness. I think many are feeling it even more now with the covid stuff.

There are many different threads and I know some deal with that very topic. But this forum is also a great place to just hang out and chat. Many times I have found it to be a great asset.

Hope your Monday is nice to you @App

Take care and welcome once again 🙂
outlander
Community Guide

hello @App and welcome
it sounds quite tough for you. lonlieness and also lack of motivation is something I can relate to as well.im sure many others can too.
please feel free to have a look around and join in wherever you like. happy to tag you to some threads and introduce you to some other members as well.

a little forum tip is to put an @ before a members name itll tag them for you, that way they'll receive a notification your talking to them
App
Casual Contributor

@Flying_Hams thank you for taking the time to welcome me. I found being in isolation OK but am glad the restrictions are easing. I work in a school so the politics of whether schools should be open or not was enough to make your head spin :  ) I hope your week has started off well too

App
Casual Contributor
Blep
Senior Contributor

Hey @App!

Loneliness is such a life consuming emotion in current times. Trying to find things to fill in your time and keep yourself busy is hard.

I do know alot of class gatherings are now internet based with video chat meet ups. If you do a bit of googling for meet and greet groups in your area you should be able to find something hopefully to your liking 😊

Anyways, welcome and have a good one
App
Casual Contributor

@Blep thank you for welcoming me

of course @App happy to chat anytime

@eth @Judi9877 @Maggie may be able to offer some advice too
App
Casual Contributor

@eth @Judi9877 @Maggie just wanted to say hi as @outlander has suggested that you might be able to offer advice and support which I would be most grateful for. I'm still trying to navigate the site and work it out. Right now I'm at work which is going pretty well. I hope you too are having a good day. I would love to hear your stories and what brought you to the forum :  )

Hi there @App
Just wondering how you have been 🙂
👋
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.