Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Quotes, poetry and music to help us all

Life Goes On

Too many things to remember
Too many things to forget
And still life goes on
And still life goes on

The currents of the ocean of time
The gale of the winds of space
The two of them combine
To etch a smile on my face

Seasons change and seasons go
But still they remain the same
And still life goes on
And still life goes on

Words are not enough

@MDT 

Love the Charles Bukowski vid.

Go All the Way ... for the good fight.

Both my biological kids respect him.

Smiley Happy

My fave Dvorak but I am biased!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WyF-s6REq0 

Yes. He is even quoted in the latest call of duty game Lol @Appleblossom

Hi @MDT @Appleblossom @Adge @Gwynn @Sam3 and all those here. I just remembered a quote that I thought was inspiring and motivational. 
"Imagine how much you could achieve if you knew you could never fail?"

It's kind of interesting I believe in so many elements. What do you all think? 

Its interesting @Judi9877

Sounds like a phrase to cover the idea of confidence. 

Knowing one would never fail is a little to all encompassing so my reality check alarm goes off a little.

Being a teacher I have a layered and developmental approach to life and learning.

It could make somone over confident and cause others pain.

Often the processing and whole experience is just as important as the achievement.

"Success and failure" is an overly dualistic approach to achievement in life, in my opinion.

Human endeavour seems more nuanced to me.  As I started off as a maths nerd I might have been inclined to use percentages, but motherhood, music and working at the tax office put me off thinking in numbers, even computer binaries .... tho I know full well some people demand figures in the search for accuracy.. lol. Perhaps 1000 sculptures in 1001 shades of colour ...

Hi @Appleblossom . Thanks for responding to the quote I put up. Much appreciated. I also appreciate your thoughts on this as well. I can see your links in regards to confidence and success and how it links to teaching which I find is interesting in many ways. I guess for me, when I think about the quote, I see it as being very open minded in that success and failure are open to interpretation and judgment and that how one person sees failure, another person may see as success. For example, with MH, a person with depression might see having a shower as success for their day yet someone who doesn't have the condition may see that as a being a basic thing to do and therefore, not an achievement. I think it's all about the little things and constantly trying and learning. That's my view at least. Funnily enough, I think I remember seeing this posted on a wall at a MH complex I visited many years back which could explain why it has stuck with me. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.