Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Quince
Casual Contributor

VCFS 22q11 Syndrome

Hello, my 28 year old son with VCFS was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia. The syndrome is associated with a high incidence of schizophrenia and yet there is very little information available. I would really like to hear from other parents and carers who are living similar situations.
1 REPLY 1

Re: VCFS 22q11 Syndrome

Hello @Quince,

I'm Margot, nice to meet you.

It can be challenging to access connection and support around VCFS with little info out there. I wonder whether your son's treatment team might be able to direct you to some information or support services in your area.

I can see you've joined the discussion happening over here which is great. While you're waiting for a few member's to respond you might like to introduce yourself to the community here

Although there aren't a whole lot of threads so far on VCFS, we have a fair few member's who have the expreince of caring for a child living with schizophrenia. You can check them out by typing key words into the search bar at the top of the page. Here's one to get you started. Oh and one of our member's posted here about tips for supporting somebody living with schizophrenia here

Hope that's a little useful for now.  Great to have you in the forums 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.