Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Supercoolguy
Senior Contributor

Anyone know any social groups for young people to meet together?

e

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Anyone know any social groups for young people to meet together?

hi @Supercoolguy

perhaps you could try meetup? i dont use it myself but have heard it has quite a few things. i am a young member here myself, along with @Flying_Hams @Eden1919 @The-red-centaur and im sure theres others here too

we have a thread called 'Under 30s' thread if you would like to join in there as well

hey @Supercoolguy

@outlander is right, meetup is a good option. There are usually ones in your city because it is a popular app these days.

Social and interest groups are usually something that comes about through common interest - what sorts of hobbies do you have?

There is a group on Meetups for people who suffer with social anxiety

There is a group on Meetup for people who suffer with social anxiety

Hello @Jasmiran

It is great you are reaching out for meet up groups, unfortunately the forums are to used anonymously so we are not able to discuss specific groups in specific locations. However you are able to search for one using the Grow website as they run support groups nationally:

GROW

1800 558 268 (national)
9-4 Mon-Fri
national@grow.org.au 
www.grow.org.au/ 
Grow is a community-based organisation assisting Australians recover from mental illness through a unique program of mutual support and personal development via support services.

Support Groups - The Grow program is a holistic, group support model based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Groups support members with their mental health and everyday development. Grow Groups meet weekly and vary in size from 3-10 members, and are run by seasoned ‘Growers’ who have taken a voluntary leadership role within the Group. Over the course of each meeting, the group engages in a series of group discussions, interactions, and readings that follow a structure and timetable to ensure everyone has an opportunity to participate, and meetings finish on time.

It is free to participate in Grow programs. There are no assessments, no need for a diagnosis and no strict eligibility criteria.
Website – find a Grow group online (250 to choose from)

Lunar

I don't mind joining. : )

I have hobbies like gym and soccer.

Hi Lunar,

I have been an organiser for Grow in the past and know about them in great detail. I found that the groups after some time became unhealthy. Some of the people I stayed in contact with and others I now try to avoid. I dont think staying with the same group for a long period of time is healthy, it is important to branch out.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate the direction you were going in with this.

I enjoy tennis, soccer, netball, I have a dog, I would ride my bike if I didn't have to wear lycra lol
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.