Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

IsAnybodyThere
Senior Contributor

Becoming Self-Ish by @IsThereAnybodyThere

Becoming Self-ish

Asking questions in the dark

Find no answers, leave no mark,

Throw your voice into the breeze

With all the sound of falling leaves.

People wearing plastic faces

Shedding tears that leave no traces,

All emotions so prepacked,

Waiting for each life-attack.

Masks of fortune, masks of war,

And underneath, no longer sure;

The soul is buried in decay,

Don’t let your true-self slip away.

Normality, banality;

The shallow waters hide the deep,

Don’t be afraid to be free

And be just who you want to be.

@NatureLover, @tyme.   ,& Thanks to all others who have give such help.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Becoming Self-Ish by @IsThereAnybodyThere

You are good at this, @IsAnybodyThere  🙂

Many, many thanks, Nature lover. 🤗

Insightful, @IsAnybodyThere, but can I play the devil's advocate? It is coming from a dark place and I'm wondering how you get out of a dark place if you constantly dwell there?

You are welcome to ask. I am sure at the time I was doing better, I wrote it at a more positive piece. I did used to write more upbeat pieces at times.
All good. IsThereAnybodyThere.

These darker mood states are hard to take, I know, @IsAnybodyThere . I've read your work at times, and it's very good. I can't write poetry and have only done one serious piece of prose. For me, I have to write non-fiction, and express my feelings, my observations, my opinions in that style–and try not to offend! I just hope to read some more of your positive work in the future, when you're feeling positive in yourself. Keep at it. Creation is clearly your forte and you're very good. Take care.

Thank you very much for your comments on my writing. Most of the time there is little doubt on what style I am writing. Sometimes fantasy, multi-part horror, inspirational, dark, whimsical and even 1 Children's poem. I have found that as far as writing goes, my darker pieces seem to be the best.. I have written love poems too mainly out of sadness and loneliness.    Philip.

Life is tough sometimes, @IsAnybodyThere, too often for many of us here. I hope that your life is better soon as I want you to write works which come from a more uplifted place as well. Take care.

By the way, if you want the person that you have replied to to get your message, type '@' and a drop-box will appear. Click on the person/s you are replying to from the list and they will get a message in their inbox/es–otherwise they won't know you have replied unless, like I have done, they check. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.