Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Done now for the semester @soul

Work day today and tomorrow @Faith-and-Hope,

I have next week off. Working 3 day fortnight from now until Christmas, unsure what is happening after Christmas at the moment. 

@Determined, I'd agree with @Faith-and-Hope about the "burnout" theory. I remember a couple of exams where my mind just went totally blank halfway through the time. Both were occasions where it was the second three-hour exam in the one day. Then suddenly the brain came back online and I could think again. Your experience doesn't sound quite identical, but certainly sounds similar. For the record, I passed both the ones in question, and not too badly. I hope your outcome is similarly acceptable.

Hey @soul .... the assessment I am enjoying working on so much had become "bigger than Ben Hur" and had gone outside the spirit of the exercise we had been given, so I chatted with my tutor, and revamped it via photocopy.  The revamp is nearly finished, in a more expressionistic form, and I am now free to complete the first version as a piece of personal artwork.  Often the creative process will help you see other possibilities, when you're already half way through a bigger-than-Ben-Hur version .... lol 

Sorted.

I hope you can find other ways to take the strain off a little @Determined.  Can you park the car somewhere scenic and close your eyes .... breathe deeply for 10 - 15 mins ?  I can make a difference if you do that a couple of times in the day.

Went for a walk with darling after dinner tonight @Faith-and-Hope 

Planning to make a habbit of that as we head into summer and longer days. 

No where really scenic near by Unfortunatly but early mormimg bike ride and evening walk will be the next best thing if I can keep it up. 

Agree about the burnout @Faith-and-Hope @Faith-and-Hope

Problem is it feels like it is getting worse as my ability to retain infomation seems to be reducing. Even with topics that realy interest and excite me, no hope with mundane boring stuff. 

Maybe check in with your gp re vitamin and mineral levels @Determined ?  Sometimes it can be as “simple” as that, simple being relative .....

Have an appointment in ~2weeks @Faith-and-Hope

On my list of things to discuss. 

@Determined, I'm doing things like missing bills, which is something I'm usually really on top of. And I'm now responsible for Mum and Dad's bills as well as our own household's. Smiley Frustrated Prolonged stress does nasty things to the brain. When you're anxious and watchful, the part of the brain (frontal lobe) that's keeping tabs on that is also the part that's meant to handle short term memory... so we become scatterbrained from trying to process it all at once.

Hence the forum. Somewhere to talk it out with people who "get it".

I would be lost without the forum @Smc

I feel that way too @Determined.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.