Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Introduce yourself here

@Faith and Hope
The dr thinks I tore a pec muscle so it seems everything is fine. Thank you for your concern. Although going to the Dr all the time is getting old. I remember when I didn’t used to go to the Dr all the time and it was awsome

I am glad you went and got it checked out, and now you know what it is, there is less worry associated with it @Matthew.

It might be helpful to give yourself permission to be in a place in your life where checking in with the dr is more sensible or necessary than it has been at other times in the past ..... with the understanding that it might not be like that in the future ..... this phase may pass, and then you can go back to less frequent visits.  That way it might help you feel less stuck in your situation ..... it gives you something to move forward towards.  See how you feel.  I find it a helpful thing to do.

Happy that you got yourself checked out @Matthew. Hope you are able to find some joy in your day now.

@soul
My day is going well it just hurts when I breath in and is super tender. Thank you for the support. How has your day been?

Hi @Xavier and welcome to the Forum. I hope you find this place to be a supportive and friendly environment. Totally agree with you about toe socks. Why would anyone wear them is beyond me.

I can see how personal experience enables you to empathise with others. Just because you work in the field doesn't make you immune to mental health issues though.

Hello,

My name is Erica.. I am 49 yrs old.. I have and do suffer from anxiety. I have  been on medication for mild depression on and off over the last 5-6 years but I took myself off them maybe 8-9 months ago. I have 3 kids aged 17,15 and 14.. I guess everything got so very much worse 3 and a half years ago when my husband suddenly died from a ruptured brain aneurysm at the age of 43. Our kids were 10, 11 and 13 at the time. I have struggled ever since - naturally so - losing your spouse quite young and suddenly and then becoming an only parent of 3 kids is huge.. I get that.. I don’t even know what to write here.. there’s just too much stuff going on in my head. I just feel very alone and couldnt reach out to anyone who would understand.. so basically here I am

Hi @Erica and welcome to the forums .... 👋

I am just on my way to bed, but wanted to say a quick hello, and acknowledge the awful experience you have gone through, losing your husband suddenly like that, and all the associated struggle, then and since.

It meant the world to me when I found the forum community here .... people who understand struggle without needing to explain very much.  I hope you feel at home quickly.  Ask any questions you like to help

find your way around.

Take care .....

Hi @ Faith and Hope and @Appleblossum
Does anxiety ever get better? Is this something that will continue to plague me?

Persevering with support and treatments generally leads to improvement and / or recovery @Matthew ..... keep swimming .... 

Highlighted

Hi @Erica

Firstly welcome to the forums family ❤️

I have been off line for the past week as my phone has been playing up.

I am truly heartbroken for you @Erica.❤️💐

I personally have found great comfort and support being here.

You have been through a lot over the past few years and I want to say that I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband x

Nothing could have ever prepared you all for the death of someone so loved and cherished and I feel your pain. My heart goes out to both you and your children 💐

What I do know is that “Father Time” is a gentle healer.., just breathe and give yourself the time to heal emotionally... there is no time limit on how long we grieve or how we take to do it.

I have suffered from anxiety for the past 30 years and it’s never an easy thing to deal with.

It is something that is hard wired into all of us and goes back to the cave man era where fight or flight came to be.

They had only those two choices .

We don’t have to deal with the same things yet we are all still inherently built the same way, but we have many choices on how to deal with the world around us...

Its just a matter of finding what works best for you and your situation. I am a firm believer in taking the time to just breathe...

it is extremely cathartic in stressful times for me to just stop and take those few moments to just BREATHE 💐

You are never going to be alone now that you have reached out and found us. You are safe and free to talk and share your days whenever you want to.

Please know that you are with people who truly care about you 💕

I am always here if you need to talk.

Stay strong my friend 😊

For urgent assistance, call:

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.