Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

heh nice.

Yeah back on road Friday @plasmo  too old needed a pause.

Try and look at places Friday

only looked at some shack online

Gotta do it going broke w rent @plasmo  dunno got to get up close and personal to judge level of squalor in cheap place ' needs work' lol need lights doors working toilet and hot water be good lolz

yeah looked at a few, some dumps on the outside look ok inside. some look fun to fix up but could easily get overwhelmed with a place if everything needs doing

yeah I get a bit carried away in my head sometimes with repairs  'oh I worked for someone who did that once' etc ..plus cost of materials huge these days and if has housing order, means what you do has to pass inspection, ie rules for materials, placing of things, spacings, who did it, where they licensed etc only realised that today, so if council is onto it, forget it, will need professional/or mates building licence  ha, people prob bit funny about doing that these days dont need warranty claims when retired lol @plasmo  even things like drains have rules.. do not want building inspector anywhere near it, think its like old cars, if made like it back in the day thats fine, but if you fix something, its got to be up to modern standards ha ha shows like Block all utter BS lol, lots of these places, can see someone has bought for half what is on market for now, attempted to fix it, got 1/4 way, blown budget, still unliveable and looks like a barn thats been blown up, so put it on market for $150k now lolo  some good places in pirie and peterborough cos no one wants to live there any more , but they paid $25-40k for them 20 years ago .. and peeps selling w tenants in place ?? so must be 90% mortgage or got other properties that are being dragged down and need to offload .. big traps out there seems, 

1. want working plumbing and power
  2. dont want housing orders to repair else council involved in quality control on trying to patch up some old dump that others have given up on , even after buying it for 1/3 what its on the market for now .. And REmember .. the people who bought these places are dodgy, so got dodgy loans, else would have got something better  .. ha ha jarst sayin ... so that could mean would be open to low offers or could mean they are crooks ...

yep, it;s all difficult. i don;t mind doing the work and learnjng stuff tho

yeah, me too , could replace like for like say in plumbing or even shift lights or move power points if game etc not really into whole gyprock thing, people think it fixes everything, prob come up some some of my own wall sheeting solutions if needed lol like hang hessian over stuff etc etc. Would like a really solid front door. hate places that have internal doors as external like 80% of flats , motel rooms etc primary school kid could get in with a bit of effort @plasmo  see what is around I guess was thinking living area, then build own thing not subject to planning ba ha .. just put wheels on it like a tiny house, thats what they do with units in van parks, they have never been mobile, just bolt wheels on them to get around building codes lolo..

yep

i'm gonna stick a police rescue on
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.