Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

PatchouliRose
Senior Contributor

Paranoia and Delusions

Can or will anyone share their paranoid thoughts and delusions? Mine primarily focus around the police and my husband and on a rare occasion our dogs. 😞

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Paranoia and Delusions

@PatchouliRose Hi PatchouliRose I have a huge problem with authority figures like the police. I have to stay away from them as much as possible otherwise I get set off ... it is a long story but let us say not a happy one. 😞

Hi @PatchouliRose

I have thoughts about aliens talking to me, abducting me, controlling people or me or them saying I have to suicide or they'll destroy the planet.

@The-red-centaurOh my God!  That's horrible! I'm so sorry to hear that! 😞  Do you have anyone to talk to about it??? Feel free to talk to me.  🙂   

@greenpea My story is a long one too.  I have had problems with police officers for a long long long time.  The only time I seemed to get any relief was when I lived in cities.  This morning I had a really upsetting living in this small town about the police trying or wanting to arrest me and I don't break laws but the delusion was still there.  My husband helped to talk me down or explain to me how I was being delusional.  🙂 How lucky I am.  🙂  

I'm sorry that you have that problem too.  The delusions that is.  I can chat with you if you'd like to ever talk about them or I don't even remember if that's allowed.  So if it is I am more than happy too but I don't think that we can offer advice on here can we???

I love your username.  A friend of mine once had a frog name Sweet Pea.  🙂

Hi @PatchouliRose

I don't think I've seen you around before so welcome to the Forums. I just wanted to say that you are most welcome to discuss your delusions and what has or hasn't been helpful for you. We ask members not to post specific references to medications and dosages as this might be interpreted as medical advice, but posting about strategies that have been helpful for you is welcome and a great idea.

I am also going to move your post to "Our experiences and stories" where more people will be able to find it and reply. I hope that's OK!

I hope things are going well for you. I look forward to seeing you around the forums 🙂

it's fine. I'm having a hard time tonight. my boyfriend's acting weird in my opinion. I have a disability evaluation coming up, I have to fill out a bunch of paperwork. he signed his name almost exactly the same way as I signed mine. I'm concerned that the person who decides if I will still receive disability will think that I forged his, my boyfriend's signature. I am really upset. he has threatened to take everything from me before and later apologized but I don't know if I can believe him. we've been together on and off for twenty years. we've had a lot of problems most of them stemming from me. he isn't perfect as nobody is but I have borderline personality disorder and I'm really worried about decisions that I've made in the past and continue to make. I'm just really upset. there's no real way that I can sustain employment. I'm scared. I don't know what to do.

I'm fine now for the most part. delusions come and go. I believe that this was a delusion. I don't have too many reasons to believe in the things that I posted. after twenty years it's time for me to learn to trust and maybe trust for the first time in my life. thanks @The-red-centaur I don't think that I have chat as I'm not in Australia. anyway. that post was really really really embarrassing. I'm sorry if I freaked anyone out. life's getting stable thanks in no small part to my husband's efforts and my own hard work. which I only really started on a few years ago. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.