Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Nattysa
Casual Contributor

Re anxiety

I'm new here and not sure where to start, I have been suffering c-ptsd and anxiety lady few months,I'm currently not working so my stress levels are high I had a job for 16 yrs and ever since I've not been working and witness my father in-law pass infront of me with second heart attack in the hospital and my own health not 100% I've let that get to me so much, Iam dealing with a service on the phone when I get emotional in my local area but  wish things would improve, I tried 8 days of antidepressant but had too many side effects so had to cease over weekend 

6 REPLIES 6
Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: Re anxiety

Hi @Nattysa  just stopping by quickly to say welcome to the forums. I’m sorry things are difficult for you at the moment and that the medication you tried wasn’t good. Sometimes it can take time to find the right one… and it’s well worth the time and effort, I’ve found great help and relief from medication.

hey there @Nattysa, welcome to the forums ❤️ 

it sounds like things have been really intense lately. It's understandable that you're struggling, although I wish it were different for you ❤️  I hope you find our community supportive.

Have you spoke with your GP about the medication? Like @Bow said, for some of us, it can take a while to find the right one. I know for me, I had a few weeks of side-effects, but they helped a great deal. But your doctor will be the best person to speak to. 

I thought I'd tag a handful of our community guides for you to meet and connect to @Faith-and-Hope @Judi9877 @NatureLover @outlander@Shaz51 @ShiningStar @Snowie @Flying_Hams  @wellwellwellnez @maddison @pinklollipop15 

Cheers I'm 43 from south of south Australia...I cry alot of days too, I get seperation anxiety too when hubby's not here and I'm alone, I'm doing a sensory modulation session tomorrow for first time in group session and I'm down to see psychologist in January and im down for doing a anxiety program run by cards in Adelaide

hey @Nattysa
welcome

whats been happening for you today ?

Sounds like a heap of things to be going through aye.

You sound like you know yourself when you say "I've let that get to me so much"

Would you agree with that?

Hi @Nattysa and welcome to the forums.

Sorry to read about your struggles and that the meds haven’t helped. It can be a bit tricky sorting out what works best 

I hope you find the forums supportive. A handy tip is to type @and a list will come up allowing you to respond to particular individuals.

Take care, 💙

Yes I've had tough day a boring one, and had to endure a long MRI not my favourite machine to get into had neck and tounge lesion area MRI but stress about it but had sedation to stay still and not get out the MRI, it went for 45 mins
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.