Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Community Garden :)

@Appleblossom yes I knew mine as a Christmas cactus. It's on the kitchen bench under a north facing window. I've had it seems forever. My rattail cactus is even older, over 40 years old.  I swiped part of a cutting my grandmother gave my brother. I've offered bits back to family members but there were no takers. I also have what my aunt called her Singapore moon lily, better known as Queen of the Night.

Only one of my dendrobiums flowered this year. I've neglected them but don't want to lose them. Bit like family really...

@Dimity Lovely to hear another person associates plants with people. I have had my Christmas lily 20 years, not sure when brother bought it for mother.  Apparently they can live to 100, which is a lot longer than my brother managed.  He died at 33.  There was probably too much Christianity in the family which is why my brother kept sending little messages to mother.  After he died someone said it was significant he was same age as Jesus.  I have developed a strong science side to balance all the religion.  Not sure if it helps, but it was the way I was cut.

@Appleblossom there was little practical Christianity in my family unfortunately and also we fell out with the parish. But Give me a child till he is seven years old,’ said St Ignatius Loyola, ‘and I will show you the man.’ I think I've been trying to find my way back but have been shunned by local churches so I just read and listen. 

I think one can find solace in a garden but at present mine's like the bad outcomes in the parable of the sower.

I'm sorry you lost your brother too young.

I had a scientific education but changed  career to a service profession... a good combination.

Have a good evening @Appleblossom and thanks.

My dendrobiums which flowered the most were the ones in our trees @Dimity 

Brought 4 ixora plants to plant in our garden

@utopia , @Bismuth , @Appleblossom 

Lovely @Shaz51 . I think my 2 types of dendrobiums naturally grow on or between rocks  Glad you found your ixoras.  What colours are they?

dendrobiums yes I have still got mum's @Dimity , don't flower all at once 

Got red, pink, orange and yellow ixoras

Like to find a white one 

@Shaz51  great stuff. I sowed seeds of beans, carrots, sweet basil, calendula and tansy just a few days ago. They’ve all started to show green shoots, except for the tansy. I sowed tomatoes, capsicum and French marigolds further back, those seedlings are growing strong. Gardening is so rewarding!

4B03C1D1-A3BC-4EBE-89E9-0C76A56859F5.jpegA8A095FB-420B-45D7-A261-29AA91F09201.jpeg

Impressive work @perspective .Love the colours. Dreamscape flowers and I noticed the fish.  

Lovely work @perspective 😀

Hello @Dimity , @Bismuth. @Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.