Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

redhead
Senior Contributor

what are you listening to now

music is always one of my favourite coping strategies and i love finding new music or going over old stuff. so post what you are listening to atm and lets have some fun together.

https://youtu.be/_aZus_-1MFI

69 REPLIES 69

Re: what are you listening to now

@redhead 

I too also use music to help me cope through the highs and lows.

I haven't heard of these guys before, i am fortunate i suppose is that i find such a broad range of music helpful, i like them tho

thank you for sharing, i don't have anything unique to share, but i would be interested in more of what you like  from this or similar genre's

Dragon , police , paul young , crowded house. Helps when times are tough.

At the moment Peter coomb is on a lot in this house. But i've just gotten on to Anna Nalik. I love all genres of music... except maybe heavy metal never been able to really like that.

Cheers

LJ

i listen to a wide variety depending on mood. I DO like didgeridoo.....it sort of resonates off the bones, good drumming too. I am fortunate too, in having a wooden floor, so the music can travel up my soles when bare to my soul! 

I am a fan of Steeleye Span and the magnificent Maddy Prior.....I am not very puter literate, but listen to her sing "THe lark in the morning" from her Arthur album.

Former-Member
Not applicable

KC & THE SUNSHINE BAND!
I adore them!
I have a CD I purchased from itunes playing.
They have so much to watch & listen to in youtube, you can take your pick I love them all!! 🙂

Birds of tokyo ANCOR
I think I needed one I've drifted so far.
Scorpion

I work with music and listen to any genre that matches my mood at the time. I find that if I first match and acknowledge my mood, even if it's dark and depressed, I feel validated. I then gradually change the music to more positive to bring me out of a negative mood. When I'm feeling good or stable, only positive rock will do.  No classical then. 

Kewl Scorpion picture you have there,.:)
Where have you drifted to?
Sometimes, I see myself as an Eagle gliding high above all care, & all trouble. I just let the air take me away, & I get strength, & so much peace. It's very healing, & Spiritual,l for me!
Bye 4 Now! 🙂

I do exactly the same as you, concerning music. Guitar music is my favorite, yet I love music that is put together like a painting, a work of art, an individual expression of the one who creates it.
I could not imagine life without music?
Bye 4 now! 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.