Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Big hooray for you @Mazarita! I was wondering how your sleep might be after yesterday. Great to hear you had a good chunk of it!

I am wide awake and have been since way too early this morning. I'm driving myself a bit mad but I'm OK enough thanks ☺. I feel like I have a zillion things to do but I know I don't really have a zillion things to do and especially not before then sun comes up!

Anything on for you today or that you'd like to do?

@CheerBear, have you had much sleep at all before waking too early?

I have no plans for today. Housework is looming at the moment, especially cleaning my bathroom and doing the kitchen. Other than that, zilch plans.

Still pretty tired though, may get some more sleep before I wake up for good today.

Only a couple of hours last night @Mazarita. I woke tossing and turning as usual then made the mistake of checking emails that came through during the night which included an electricity bill surprise and c-link stuff. That'll end my chance of sleep every time!

Good luck with the looming housework! I have a big pile of washing that is looming that I should probably tackle today.

I can understand how getting mail from c-link and a bill might wipe out sleep possibilities, @CheerBear. Hope both are okay news. Some more washing on my part would be a welcome thing too. On the other hand, I have a feeling I'm going to be fighting to stay awake today, despite the good chunk of sleep. Will see how I go resisting it!

Have you been getting to your crochet over the past couple of days? That picture you posted was really lovely.

It would be hard to fight to stay awake @Mazarita. I can imagine it being similar to fighting to go to sleep, just in a different way. Where is this balance thing? 😉

Thank you 🙂 It's a lovely pattern. I haven't made any kind of square or tile blanket before because I can't stand sewing in all of the yarn ends that need to be done with them. A couple of months ago I pieced together a stack of squares with all their yarn ends, for a friend who had a someone close pass away while making a blanket for a new baby. It showed me that it's not the end of the world to sew tiles (lol) and I decided to keep going with my first tile project. I tried to do some more yesterday but was too racy. I'll definitely be taking it with me next week and I'm sure I'll get some done then 🙂

It wouldn't be easy living with that raciness either, @CheerBear. Calming hugs to you. Heart

It's great that you have persisted with the tile patterns. Persistence is a good trait for craft and so many other things in life. I couldn't make the videos without a lot of persistence. It may be one of my good traits (touch wood, lol).

Having said that I am struggling with a project at the moment. Hopefully I'll get there in the end.

Thank you ❤ You have a very calming influence and presence ☺

I can see you being persistent, and patient too probably. While it can be frustrating to struggle through and need to chip away at things, I think it seems to make them extra good feeling when they're finished, like I see your videos giving you. What kind of struggle are you having with your video (if you can/want to share)?

This video is a different sort of project for me so my 'go to' methods are not really working with it, @CheerBear. I'm working closely via email with a writer who is also the creator of the original images for this one. She has particular ideas about how the video might be, but I am probably not able to deliver what she is envisaging. All of it makes me a feel less confident in the process and a bit anxious that it won't be finished. That does happen sometimes, the not finishing some projects. It's not the end of the world if that happens, but it's clearly preferable if something comes of it, especially when someone else is hoping for it too.

I can see how that would cause some confidence and anxiety hiccups for you @Mazarita. It sounds like a bit of a mismatch or misalignment (If that's the right word) of ideas rather than a reflection of your skills and talent maybe. It would be difficult at times to work with that pressure of trying to merge different visions. Again wishing I could sneak a peek at what you do!

Better head out and do the morning thing. I hope the rest of your morning goes well if I don't catch up with you again this morning ☺

Enjoy the sunrise 🌞

Cheers, @CheerBearSmiley Happy

Thanks for the chat this morning. Always good to bump into you here in the earlier hours.

Hope the day keeps going at a calmish pace for you.

Catch you later! Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.