Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

I've seen you in the background @CheerBear and know you are always with me too Hon - means so much to me Heart Hope myou and the LF are doing as aokay as you can be Heart

Years 2/3 are 6 to 8 year olds I think ..... that is a lovely age group to teach, and whatever the science or maths lessons are in terms of the curriculum, it will be something simple.  It might work with arty-type materials, like having different coloured bead strands represent numbers, or blowing bubbles for science concepts for instance.  It really enhances learning because it takes in the visual and tactile (kinesthetic) elements.

If you buy some cheap strands of beads inten different colours ..... cut them into single beads in one colour, two co-joined beads in the next colour, three co-joined beads in the next colour, and so on, up to ten-bead strands in the last colour. Addition, subtraction, division and multiplication sums can be done visually with them, and then written down in their more “boring”

form.  

Beads can be strung on pipe cleaners ..... fourteen blue beads plus eleven orange beads, plus nine red beads, plus 3 green beads equals ..... ??

Lots of jumbled up things happening for you at the moment @Zoe7. So sorry that such a big achievement and step isn't being met with the support and understanding you deserve 😔

We're going as OK as we can thanks. On my way in to visit the hospital now. Bumping in to you here while I am on a train trip again feels like having a friend with me at the moment.

Nearly here so I will head off. Lots of these ❤❤❤

I have Science on Monday but am still waiting to hear what the topic is they are covering atm @Faith-and-Hope - I love teaching Science as much like Art it is very hands-on ...I have no doubt I will be able to teach it - just need the topic and can then align it to the curriculum and assessment needs. 

I have done something very simialr with beads in Maths before with different age groups - done fractions with pizza and cakes as well lol - that included a cooking session and then dividing them for each group that cooked each thing - love working with kids like that - it is real-life and very authentic.

Love to be travelling with you on your hospital journey today @CheerBear Hope everything is as ok as it can be there Hon Heart

I am so excited for you teaching again @Zoe7

.... and for the kids in your classes .... lol

Hugs @CheerBear ❤️

I am sure I will get that excitement back too once I begin and can block out all the external 'noise' @Faith-and-Hope

My sister wanted to take me out for dinner tonight to celebrate me going back to work but as you can imagine I am in no state to do that - and don't want them to see the struggles I have been having since yesterday - so I will suggest we do that in a couple of weeks when I have been back for a while.

I think I should get myself mobile and try to do a few things.

Enjoy your afternoon Hon - chat later Heart

wise move re going out for dinner @Zoe7
Once things have settled down. I think that's a far better way of celebrating.
Hope you have a restful day today

I have mowed the lawn @Flying_Hams @Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear and feel a little better that that is done. I have also been sent the information from the Principal so 2 things crossed off my list for today already - now I can get on with planning as well.

I still don't think dinner is a good idea but I might call around and see my sister soon as I have to go to the shop anyway.

Hi @Zoe7

im so happy for you. I’m really proud. ❤️❤️

Just walked out of the hospital and caught a smile hearing you feel a little better @Zoe7. Hope that seeing your sister feels good if you go ❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.