Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Anniversaries! No escaping

Hello @Aggie yes I have an acupressure mat.  I used it mainly for depression in the past and now I have diabetes I can't use it. Its great for endorphin release.  I have kept it in my drawer and have not used it in quite a long while. You could try laying on it for trauma, I'm no expert but yes do know acupuncture flushes the energy lines of the body where trauma is held. 

I also have a book on acupressure (not acupuncture) for emotional issues and people with deep-seated trauma can finally lay down their burdens after repeated sessions of acupressure.  I'm just learning how to do the techniques.  Have read folk are getting lots of relief after years of being plagued by trauma.  I want to use it as a DIY self applied remedy. The book seems to suggest that no matter how debilitating the trauma you can recover.  The book is co-written by a shiatsu bodyworker so it also has bodywork in addition to acupressure 

I'm glad you like crystals sometimes I forget to use mine or have them ready for use. Smoky Quartz is great for nightmares, suicidal ideation and dealing with difficult times in your life.

Anyway I hope you are feeling well recovered now and are able to start the next leg of your journey in complete health! You sound like an interesting person with lots of self determination

I actually think that's kind of why crystal radio sets don't need batteries @Aggie  (i.e. the power comes from the signal itself). I miss those things. Haven't seen one in an age.

Beautiful and honest post @Aggie.

A couple of things.

As part of a coping strategy, can you find a quiet place to just sit with it?

Are there any distracting activities you can do to get you over the line? I would suggest walking for myself (but I must confess my mind can let loose when I do this). Spending time with friends can help me.

Would journalling be of assistance (however you like, can include stream of consciousness that you don’t look at after the fact).

Are you eating well etc? 

I hope you are ok.

@Aggie @Bow @Delicatessen @wellwellwellnez @SmilingGecko ,

I thought of this thread when I came across a series of 5 free online art sessions over the Christmas/New Year period. It is led by a peer worker.

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/o/living-arts-therapy-amp-co-design-38722794333

Due to anonymity, we ask that if you do participate in the above sessions, that you are mindful of sharing information that may compromise your identity.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.