Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Feel Weird

Got some time to mydelf but the drive here i started feeling floaty,  everything unfamiliar, eyes - like looking through a foggy window, noise echoe & just too much but disconnected. People walking past are all serm the sqme but  but not and i dont think they can see me.  in a dream.  Didnt sleep well last few nights.  Betta go home - hmm,  am i alert enough to drive? Does anyonr rlse get this?  @Appleblossom? I can still type.  Just ate,  looking at my empty plate,  rrmembering ordering it - dont remember eating it.  Just looking at wrapper wondering how...  This is crap? 

@Former-Member,   should i be worried or just need a sleep?  Betta go for walk outside, find a tree

10 REPLIES 10
Margot
Senior Contributor

Re: Feel Weird

Hi @Former-Member

That sounds like a pretty scary experience. A lack of sleep can sometimes leave us feeling a little spaced out. It's important you don't drive while you're feeling this way. 

We'll send you an email in a moment. In the meantime, it might be useful to try some breathing - breathing in for four seconds, and breathing out for six - to help ground you a little. If you're worried about your safety or would like some support to help you understand and manage how you're feeling, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14. 

Take care 🌻

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Oh wow @Former-Member

This does not sound good - I am sure you haven't been driving when you are feeling so weird but I hope you are home by now

Have you thought of seeing a doctor about this feeling?

If you haven't been sleeping this might happen - I don't know - but I do know you have been really stressed lately

I hope you feel better soon

Dec

Dear @Former-Member In all honesty I really do not know what normal feels like.  One of the things I am learning about recently is what are the typical feelings in response to different situations.  

So yes, I have experienced things like that often in many different stages of my life. 

A week ago I stayed up all night to do a submission and had a few health problems and a an anniversary so that was enough to knock out last week.  

Essentially I was raised to ignore my feelings ... and get on with it ...with ...

Bah! and a snort ...from mother

Logically ... we all function better with plenty of sleep and needs met.

Now I am working out where I am on my spectrum and getting a better quality of life.

Take Care Bella.

How are you feeling tonight @Former-Member?

I hope you are okay and yes - you have had a lot going on - enough to have stress reactions of any kind

We all love you LapsesWe all love you LapsesI really seem to get carried away with the clipart -it's the new system but better two or more than none

Dec

@Former-Memberit sounds like dissociation. Have you experienced it before. I have experienced similar things to what youve described including driving to places and wondering how i got there. When im more stressed, havent slept in a few days or/and in overload mode i find it happens more

Former-Member
Not applicable

Think youre right @outlander,  made me realise "i have never quite been righ " 😞

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20171126_182705.png

Hi @Owlunar & @Appleblossom @Margot @outlander thanks for support.  Didn't  help that i went out without breakfast yesterday. Didn't think i was that stressed but could be underneath. And dad's a worry atm.  Nicw that you're here. Its all making ng me a little fearful of another breakdown pending, but gotta try ignore blackdog ❤ 

Gently. @Former-Member 

Sometimes fear of a breakdown can spiral and worry increase. 

try and make sure I have an apple or a bar in my bag in case I forget breakfast.

This might be going overboardThis might be going overboard

Hi @Former-Member

Low blood sugar - man!! - that will do it for me everytime - I have to do what @Appleblossom says and I carry a small bottle of water and a protein ball with me everywhere I go - it's a good idea

I am glad you seem to be otherwise okay - I guess your self-care kicked in and you were able to get home or get other help - it is really tough when this happens

So - low blood sugar and high stress levels - it sounds really exhausting - and I am glad we were able to be here for you even if we didn't know where you were

Sending cuddlesSending cuddles

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.