Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Swapnil
New Contributor

In a turmoil, Don't know what to do.

Hi guys,

Feeling extremely depressed since last few months, not being focused on anything. Feel like I am self sabotaging my career. I am not able to get up in the morning resulting in loss of work, and have no motivation to do so. I have experienced extreme trauma during childhood, but my teenage years were okay, and I studied well, too. I am an engineer and moved to another country. Living here for 5 years and suddenly hit the rock bottom. I am not being able to do anything. My mind is stuck at the point that I think whatever I'll do, things will go wrong. Feeling like my peers are way ahead of me, and I am feeling worthless. I have lost interest in everything, not talking to people, friends, family. I am being so isolated, and I cannot talk to anyone. Feeling crazy disoriented and do not know how to get up. I am afraid of medication for anxiety and depression. Need to get up and support my family. I don't know what will happen, also have suicidal tendencies.

1 REPLY 1

Re: In a turmoil, Don't know what to do.

hey there @Swapnil welcome to the forums. I hope you find our special corner of the internet a welcoming and supportive place ❤️ Sounds like you have been really struggling to cope recently, so thank you for reaching out here for support. 

I know others will have a lot to offer, but thought I'd check-in too. 

I'm wondering what kind of supports or connections you have here?

I know plenty of folks here have found our drop-in counselling useful to talk through things like this. You can click here to find the phone, email and webchat information.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.