Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

That sounds amazing @creative_writer 

Yeah it’s good so far. 

Hey @Birdofparadise8 @creative_writer 

Hope you both have a sleep in today and have a restful Sunday. You both deserve it. 

My work task slowed down between 2 and 5. Worst time! But I made it. Heading off to bed now hoping that I sleep as I feel a little elevated. The signs of a mania are developing. If that happens then my shift tonight could be interesting! Lol

Well enjoy your sleep. I hope you have a good shift tonight as well @Captain24

I wish I could have a relaxing Sunday I’m working 9 to 5 but hey I get double time so I’m not complaining. 

Hope your well at @creative_writer

@Birdofparadise8 hope you are feeling better today ❤️.

@Captain24 hope you are able to get some sleep and well done for making it through your shift!

I’ve been looking back to my behaviour yesterday, was a little out of character. I developed some symptoms of hypomania around Friday evening, but I think it got under control last night from my meds and evening amber glasses. So I guess I feel normal now. Slept better today but not quite enough sleep. I need to catch up on lost sleep soon. I am really exhausted and have a migraine.

Yeah, I should be okay just started work and its very busy so hopefully it will make the day go fast. 

I hope you feel better today @creative_writer 

@Birdofparadise8 I hope your work day goes well. What do you do for work?

I’m feeling pretty stable emotionally, just in physical pain right now.

It’s going okay at the moment 1 and half hours to go. I work at the Covid Hub where I am an administrative assistant with Covid at Home +. I also work as an administrative assistant with diabetes nurse educators. I like both jobs but the diabetes is more exciting as it’s in line with what I’m wanting to do with become a Dietitian. 

What’s up did you hurt yourself @creative_writer

@Birdofparadise8 I feel like we need more preventative nutrition. I find if I don’t eat well, it affects my mental health.

I have a migraine. Even though I was able to get the hypomania under control pretty quickly so it didn’t really last very long and didn’t feel like a full episode, it still created a lot of stress on my body. It sounds strange, elevation mood and little sleep are a perfect storm for a migraine. Though a part of me misses feeling elevated only because I felt really confident and comfortable in myself, at times felt maybe a bit too confident. Like I never feel confident unless I’m like in a elevated mood. My baseline self worth sucks, at least it’s not as bad as it is when I’m deep into depression, but still needs quite a bit of improvement. All this “I’m not good enough. I am broken” fades away during a mood elevation. But I know in the long run it’s not good for my mental stability and physical health. Sorry for rambling. Idk if any of it even makes any sense.

I definitely understand the depression side of it and self worth. I hate myself and don’t feel like I deserve anything. 

I have never experienced a manic episode or period but what you said made sense to me. It must be a tricky spot to be in when you like being manic but then it’s not good for you @creative_writer

@Birdofparadise8 I think my PTSD is talking right now. Like I know I haven’t flipped in a full blown depressive episode or anything. I don’t know what it is. Maybe I’m mildly depressed or maybe just sad? I’ve been ruminating over the past, and that never makes me feel any good. It’s hard to do things when you are stuck in bed trying to feel better physically.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.